First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara 3.6
Occupation
Project Manager
Let me know if you are still interested in one. I could probably make you a heck of a deal on it. 😉
I would be and I see you are in CO as well!
Sponsored

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
I have always changed my transmission fluid every 50k miles, even the manual transmission. I also believe in the complete change on the automatic. Have never had a transmission failure of any kind in 50 years. Also am a big fan of Amsoil which I have been using for the past 35+ years. Understanding this transmission has been around for a while and used on other vehicles I find it hard to believe only mopar transmission fluid has to be used. Amsoil said they have fluid for this transmission. Will not need to change my transmission fluid for awhile so I will be doing a lot more research on fluids as well as seeing if I can make up a dipstick for the transmission.
I have the manual and they call for the use ATF fluid. I only use Amsoil and change it every 25,000 miles, along with the transfer case. I would rather spend a little extra more often than many times more because I was trying to eek out a little more life from the fluid. I off-road and pull a trailer and also change my diff fluid at 15,000 miles and use Amsoil 75W-140 severe gear lube. When I had my gears changed to 5.13s, the local shop remarked at the great condition the 4.10s were in and noted there was no varnishing.I am considering going to 37s when the 35s where out, but I will make that call when I have to.

wheels082

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2010 JKU, 1994 XJ
I have the PPE pan (which I test-fitted during my fluid/filter change) and it will not fit the 3.6L without some modifications to the cooling fins on the pan. I did not see that note when I bought it or I probably would not have. PPE should be modifying these pans to fit the 3.6L when they are being made and not leave it to the owner to do it.

Lame as hell...
Thanks for posting this information. I was actually planning to buy a PPE pan. But now I am not sure. I agree, leaving the trimming to the purchaser is very poor. If the fins require trimming it could easily be machined during manufacturing.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for posting this information. I was actually planning to buy a PPE pan. But now I am not sure. I agree, leaving the trimming to the purchaser is very poor. If the fins require trimming it could easily be machined during manufacturing.
I'll make you a deal on one if you change your mind ;)
Sponsored