Sponsored

Info on Chrysler Capital Loan APR & Terms

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
So I am currently leasing my Wrangler with the intent to buy it out at the end just to give some background. Anyways there are different rates depending on your tier approval which with an 810 score you should have no trouble qualifying for a tier 1 rate. to give you an idea on my personal breakdown... I ordered a 2021 Wrangler JLU Willys pretty loaded up with a window sticker price of $49,535... With my employee pricing I ended up with a purchase price of $46,515. I did 10k miles per year lease with a term of 48mo. with no trade and $2k out of pocket for a final payment of $434/mo. and that was with a tier 1 approval thru Ally. Currently Ally has the best lease programs for the Wranglers for getting the lowest lease payment since they're residuals (Remaining amount you can buy your lease out for at lease end) are absolutely insane. I had a 71% residual at the time of purchase. Only thing to really keep in mind is that lease programs change every month and dealers have no way of knowing whether they will change for the better or the worse until the new month starts so if you get a lease quote in November but don't pull the trigger until December then it may be better or it may also be worse than the original November quote. Only thing the dealer could do to help in that situation is over allow on the trade in or discount the vehicle at that point.

Residual Example: If you lease a vehicle with $50,000 MSRP and a 50% residual then once you get to the end of your lease you can buy it out for the residual amount which in this example would be $25,000.
Curious what's the current residual and Tier 1 MF from Ally - if you know?

If leasing, you'd also want to ask the dealer what US Bank would be - as an example I believe MF for them is currently 0.00065 vs CCAP at 0.00195, and the US Bank residual is currently similar.

The thing I've been told to watch out for is for any restrictions at lease end for US Bank or Ally (any restrictions on selling to a 3rd party like Vroom) or any costs to end the lease early. Any chance you know the details on that for Ally or US Bank?
Sponsored

James202198

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys
Occupation
F&I Manager at Jeep Dealership
Vehicle Showcase

If leasing, you'd also want to ask the dealer what US Bank would be - as an example I believe MF for them is currently 0.00065 vs CCAP at 0.00195, and the US Bank residual is currently similar.

The thing I've been told to watch out for is for any restrictions at lease end for US Bank or Ally (any restrictions on selling to a 3rd party like Vroom) or any costs to end the lease early. Any chance you know the details on that for Ally or US Bank?
I’ll get back to you in the morning when I’m back at the dealership and can check those rates… as far as the lease end restrictions you mentioned I haven’t heard anything specifically about that except I know right now in particular these lessors have the residual values maintain for customer buyout however for a dealer to take that same vehicle in on trade they are hiking the payoff up about $10,000 just because of how the market is as far as used car values… it’s honestly bs but they’re the banks they have the power to do so 🙄… one thing I didn’t mention tho is I do know that lease programs vary from region to region even for the same bank at the same point in time like our current money factors and residuals here in western PA are likely different then those in say the middle of the country. But like I said I’ll try to remember to take a look at those in the morning to send your way.

RidgebackWrangler

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Prius LE, 2021 Toyota Prius Prime
@GATORB8 @James202198 Ok so can you guys ball park this for me. Lets say MSRP is 56k, Vehicle is a 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, I am going to trade in a vehicle worth lets just say 10k. What would a ballpark lease payment be for a 36mo vs a 48mo both at 10k miles. I only drive about 4k miles a year.

James202198

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
@GATORB8 @James202198 Ok so can you guys ball park this for me. Lets say MSRP is 56k, Vehicle is a 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, I am going to trade in a vehicle worth lets just say 10k. What would a ballpark lease payment be for a 36mo vs a 48mo both at 10k miles. I only drive about 4k miles a year.
With Ally in my region you'd be best at a 42 month term which would bring you to a $665 ballpark with $1,300 down for FPP

James202198

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Attachments

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Hey James, Who's looking the best on 22 Ram 1500s right now?

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
You may want to explore the 4xe leases. I'm not sure if Ally does it, but CCAP should still be passing on the $7500 tax credit as a capital cost reduction.

It pushes the MSRP up, but that also pushes up RV. Since the tax credit is a Cap Cost reduction is directly reduces the depreciation.

Say RV is 60%, you're only adding 40% of each additional MSRP dollar, but you're getting back 100% of the tax credit.

That means if you pay $7500 extra for the 4xe, you'll actually be reducing your total payment by more than $4,500, or $125/mo for 36 months.

You may also have additional tax credits available in Cali on top of the federal.

Deleted member 59498

Hi All... Does anyone have any recent experience with Chrysler Capital financing? Looking for any info on loan APR and/or terms offered? I normally always finance NFCU and never use dealer financing of any kind. But there is a $1,000 incentive from the dealer if I use Chrysler Capital to finance. I am on the fence about this because I have no idea what the rates or offers are. I have top-tier credit.

Hoping that anyone would be willing to share any and all details on interest rates and terms or offers by Chrysler Capital??

Thanks in Advance

I use NFCU myself and 2.9% if 72 or less months (might be 60months). I doubt Chrysler is going to beat NFCU, they didn't on my last two jeeps and truck. I also will use NFCU considering my salary is deposited there and just easy to deal with, plus mortgage and credit card. Not cheerleading NFCU but man they are great to deal with.

Chrysler is generally 4 or 5%, not sure if the dealer is adding their little cut or not but..

James202198

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
thanks - is 15K miles as low as Ally goes?
No, Ally will go as low as 7,500 per year on wranglers only, otherwise 10k is typically the lowest

Sponsored

James202198

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Hey James, Who's looking the best on 22 Ram 1500s right now?
Not sure, my store is just Jeep and Chrysler, our Dodge store is next door but I don't have the ram programs on hand unfortunately.

gerlbaum

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangle Sport Diesel
I am the F&I Manager at a Jeep dealership here in PA. Typically Chrysler Capital will have a slightly higher interest rate than other banks since they give you the extra $1,000 up front; however what we will usually recommend is financing through Chrysler to get the extra $1,000 off at purchase then in a month or two just refinance it with your credit union or whoever and take the better rate as well as the $1,000 off since you will only pay a fraction of the $1,000 rebate in interest over those couple months so it becomes a win win for you as a customer. Only thing to keep in mind is if this is regarding the purchase of a Wrangler, there are no rebates on them besides $500 military so even if you finance with Chrysler you won't get the $1,000 rebate. If its like a Grand Cherokee or something then it would apply so just confirm those things with your dealer. If they claim $1,000 rebate on the wrangler then just check everything because it's not a true rebate and they either just discounted the Wrangler themselves or moved the numbers around by offering more on trade in or something.

Recap:
-Ask the dollar amount you would pay back in interest going with the Chrysler financing
-Ask the dollar amount you would pay back in interest going with your preferred lender
-If the dollar amount is greater than $1,000 difference going with Chrysler then you will definitely want to refinance a couple months later
-If the dollar amount is less than $1,000 difference going with Chrysler vs your preferred lender then you could carry the Chrysler loan to term and still pay less overall than you would have paid not taking the $1,000 upfront rebate

-REMEMBER WRANGLERS HAVE NO REBATES OTHER THAN $500 MILITARY, be sure to question them on that if you are purchasing a Wrangler
Exactly what I did. Plus my CU gave me another 1/2 point off my rate if I went to paperless.

James202198

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly what I did. Plus my CU gave me another 1/2 point off my rate if I went to paperless.
Yeah, taking the $1,000 rebate from Chrysler is 99.9% of the time the best option then just refinance yet we still have the occasional customer who refuses and quite frankly it's just dumb not to do it that way. You're literally just paying more money for no reason if you don't take the $1,000 rebate.