Info for those on the fence

Overwatch

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR, Sarge Green 392
I’ve looked through the forum many times and I feel like there’s one thing that people aren’t discussing. I’ve seen many reviews for people that have never owned a jeep talking about what it’s like to drive a 392. I’ve also seen people who had CJ‘s and TJ trying it out. I just came from a 2016 JK to my 392 and I really wish I had had this information before. I had read that the braking was poor, that the steering was vague, and that it was a gas hog. My JK was made to get me faraway and back without breaking. That meant steel armor, fox shocks with a fox stabilizer, a big brake kit, and upgraded components. It was not lifted though and ran on 33’s. I literally could Not be happier with the 392. Compared to my JK it has better suspension, far better steering, great braking and even the gas mileage is only off a little from my heavy JK. I also have been breaking it in with a light foot though. All this is to say I was worried from all the posts that it would be worse. It is far better and you will be happy. As long as you got it in Sarge Green of course. 😁
CF8B51E8-A052-49C6-AF32-7BC40C5420A2.jpeg
Sponsored

Iowa_Wrangler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Firecracker Red, 2022 392 On Order
Sarge Green was my #2. I traded an '18jk for the 392. It seems so much bigger!

Comac90

First Name
Teak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392XR
I’ve looked through the forum many times and I feel like there’s one thing that people aren’t discussing. I’ve seen many reviews for people that have never owned a jeep talking about what it’s like to drive a 392. I’ve also seen people who had CJ‘s and TJ trying it out. I just came from a 2016 JK to my 392 and I really wish I had had this information before. I had read that the braking was poor, that the steering was vague, and that it was a gas hog. My JK was made to get me faraway and back without breaking. That meant steel armor, fox shocks with a fox stabilizer, a big brake kit, and upgraded components. It was not lifted though and ran on 33’s. I literally could Not be happier with the 392. Compared to my JK it has better suspension, far better steering, great braking and even the gas mileage is only off a little from my heavy JK. I also have been breaking it in with a light foot though. All this is to say I was worried from all the posts that it would be worse. It is far better and you will be happy. As long as you got it in Sarge Green of course. 😁
I agree … except I gotta say white . 😉

Jeep Wrangler JL Info for those on the fence B624C66A-3177-4CB1-A736-496548D2DB6A

seriously, way better than my JK and certainly TJ … and absolutely no comparison to the last V8 4x4 I had, a ‘95 Defender 90

saw my first sarge green in person today at the dealer. Pics don’t do that color justice. 👍

Last edited:

Socks

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler JK Rubicon Hardrock
That is a beautiful Wrangler! I've been researching and watching every video and reading every article on the 392 and the Recon Extreme pkg. Sarge Green and Firecracker Red are my two colors. Going to talk to my dealer Jan. 3rd to see about the cost and trade-in. This will be my forever Jeep.
Sponsored