Sponsored

Inexpensive way to add power AND improve fuel economy! Nope!

OP
OP
Whaler27

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
Remember HHO generators for cars? Total scam. 35% promised gains. No independent testers have been able to show any benefits.
Or how about the upcharge for “Nitrogen filled tires!” on your Jeep? (A remarkably large proportion of American vehicle buyers don’t know that the air we breathe is almost 80% nitrogen.)
Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Or how about the upcharge for “Nitrogen filled tires!” on your Jeep? (A remarkably large proportion of American vehicle buyers don’t know that the air we breathe is almost 80% nitrogen.)
Try Helium— plus, the bigger the tires, the more you get 😁 Oh Yeah— eliminate your #3 supercharger concern, the way things are going, it won’t happen anyway. Edit—fill these with helium and you would reduce net weight by half and float over obstacles
Jeep Wrangler JL Inexpensive way to add power AND improve fuel economy! Nope! 0BB37CF0-A8CC-43F2-B99C-940ABB4F2BD2

Last edited:

Dagwood

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 1999 Jeep xj, 2008 Scion XB, 2015 Scion XB, 1966 Ford F100, 1969 Oldsmobile
I disagree, I took the 120lb spare tire off this weekend and can feel a difference in driving, haven't done the mpg average yet but willing to bet makes a difference. Shedding weight is cheaper than finding performance.

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
Well, as someone who grew up in the 80's I remember that there was an inventions which not only made your car way faster, but also improved your economy, all while allowing you to get much more sex than you otherwise would.
Naturally, the government banned this tech.

All it took was one simple thing attached to the outside of your car.....

A turbo sticker

Jeep Wrangler JL Inexpensive way to add power AND improve fuel economy! Nope! 1673243564036

Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, as someone who grew up in the 80's I remember that there was an inventions which not only made your car way faster, but also improved your economy, all while allowing you to get much more sex than you otherwise would.
Naturally, the government banned this tech.

All it took was one simple thing attached to the outside of your car.....

A turbo sticker

Jeep Wrangler JL Inexpensive way to add power AND improve fuel economy! Nope! 1673243564036
Nah— I got a vacuum with Turbo stickers, a blender with Turbo stickers, a chicken cooker with Turbo stickers, even got her a Turbo hair dryer, Nope, no improvement. But it did improve the economy with all the so called Turbo crap I bought.

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Nah— I got a vacuum with Turbo stickers, a blender with Turbo stickers, a chicken cooker with Turbo stickers, even got her a Turbo hair dryer, Nope, no improvement. But it did improve the economy with all the so called Turbo crap I bought.
How do you know?
Did you remove the stickers? Since they came with the sticker, they were defaulted to the improved state. They would be 30% shittier had you removed the stickers.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How do you know?
Did you remove the stickers? Since they came with the sticker, they were defaulted to the improved state. They would be 30% shittier had you removed the stickers.
Uhh “ Nope” was referring to your third Turbo improvement. Should I have tried peeling the Turbo sticker off the chicken cooker and sticking it on her a$s? Sure wouldn’t risk a 30% reduction, that would be really shitty. 🙄

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Uhh “ Nope” was referring to your third Turbo improvement. Should I have tried peeling the Turbo sticker off the chicken cooker and sticking it on her a$s? Sure wouldn’t want a 30% reduction, that would be really shitty. 🙄
Sadly, the last point only applies if you are in high school and the sticker is on your car.

Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sadly, the last point only applies if you are in high school and the sticker is on your car.
When I was in high school I drove a CJ3A, I didn’t need no stinking Turbo sticker, the girls Loved my Jeep! Two of my buddies took notice and got Jeeps too. :like::jk:

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
So you're saying the Electric Turbo, that suspiciously looks just like a fan inside my computer, is not going to help? ;)

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
There is a pill you can buy for $3.00. You just drop it into your fuel tank and add water.

I am taking orders now.

Vinman

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I deleted a few unnecessary engine parts on my diesel truck and the result was more power, better fuel economy and better reliability.
The fuel savings alone offset the initial cost in the first year.
I continued to drive the truck for another 4 years afterwards which resulted in a 4-500 percent return on investment.

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2003 F150 S-Crew FX4, Others
I thought you were going to show that you had stripped out the interior of your Jeep to make it lighter or something.
One of the Challenger guys gutted his interior & more on a NEW 1320 model - he does race it frequently though but ouch!
Sponsored