Sponsored

Inexpensive way to add power AND improve fuel economy! Nope!

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Yep— purpose and use. I put a smallish low 8lb boost B&M with a single 950 DP upgrade on my 454. Minimal increased fuel consumption with normal use, until you Used the available extra power. My full performance build 6-71 blown 350 Chevy fed by two competition series 750’s was completely different. It went “Flush” just starting it. 🚽
yep? Youre actually agreeing with what i said, not him. I said at best youll maintain stock mpg if you stay out boost. This guy says he increased mpg by 65% lol
Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
yep? Youre actually agreeing with what i said, not him. I said at best youll maintain stock mpg if you stay out boost. This guy says he increased mpg by 65% lol
Oops- must have missed the claimed increase. Even the smaller low boost B&M took some horsepower to run , nowhere near the big GMC, but there was a small but noticeable increase in fuel usage. And Worth It IMO! 😁

Last edited:

jjvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 2017 VW Alltrack, 2003 VW Eurovan
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I installed this on my Jeep.
Jeep Wrangler JL Inexpensive way to add power AND improve fuel economy! Nope! st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u2

variableknife

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Wrangler Sport S
Nope!

If you see claims like this they are crapola. Coil packs, cold-air intakes, throttle body spacers, high performance plugs and plug wires, chrome-plated gazornplats, high-speed dip-sticks… It’s all crap.

Stellantis and, previously, FCA, have spent hundreds of millions of dollars working on ways to develop more power while simultaneously improving fuel economy and powertrain durability. In the unlikely event their fleet of engineers, high-tech labs, and decades of research on their platforms missed the low hanging fruit, they’d simply buy the company that stumbled on the better throttle body (or whatever).

You can add tuners, nitrous, or forced induction to develop more power, of course, but there are no sub-$500 solutions that will give you more power AND more fuel economy AND protect/preserve your engine. The fact that people continue make these aftermarket companies rich is evidence of how gullible we humans are. It’s snake-oil 2023.

There really is one born every minute.
I heard that if you order the flux capacitor, they really work wonders, but only if you're travelling faster than 88 MPH.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I heard that if you order the flux capacitor, they really work wonders, but only if you're travelling faster than 88 MPH.
Yep. If I had even tried to go that fast in my YJ, I know I'd see some serious...