Sponsored

Ineos: New Manufacturer of Overland Vehicles?

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

It's interesting when a brand new vehicle manufacturer cranks up and they're building a body-on-frame solid-axle vehicle that's designed fundamentally for overlanding.

Jeep Wrangler JL Ineos: New Manufacturer of Overland Vehicles? 2023-Ineos-Grenadier-Prototype-35

https://ineosgrenadier.com/en/us/

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ratbert

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I have one on reserve for my wife. We'll see if it finally comes to the U.S.

Jeep Wrangler JL Ineos: New Manufacturer of Overland Vehicles? 1674145029917
The guy in that video tested a prototype US-spec Grenadier here in the states, so it sure looks like it's coming. Unless, of course, they can't pass our regs. Yeah, I'm having horrible flashbacks to the Lotus Elis having to stop being imported.

Atomic5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLR 🛸
The guy in that video tested a prototype US-spec Grenadier here in the states, so it sure looks like it's coming. Unless, of course, they can't pass our regs. Yeah, I'm having horrible flashbacks to the Lotus Elis having to stop being imported.
The main issues giving me pause is warranty work. The servicing sites have not been released yet and we live in a rural area. It uses a BMW 3.0 gasser and BMW 8-Speed Auto. So they are saying BMW would be able to service it. Will be interesting once we get real world feedback from the UK owners. Cool factor is off the charts on this rig.

Sponsored

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

If I were in the market, I'd consider this. It hits a whole lot of checkboxes and has a classic design look. They've been showing them off in the GTA, and taking orders.

fastfatdude

First Name
Chung Yeh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR
was considering putting a deposit for this but stopped short when i realized the dealer support will be a real issue.

imagine if some small issue kept your car off the road and there is no proper place to diagnose it. Worse if you need to bring in some obscoure part/numbers and they are backordered indefinitely.

OP
OP
Ratbert

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

was considering putting a deposit for this but stopped short when i realized the dealer support will be a real issue.

imagine if some small issue kept your car off the road and there is no proper place to diagnose it. Worse if you need to bring in some obscoure part/numbers and they are backordered indefinitely.
It all depends on how much faith you have in a BMW driveline. It's unexpected that they went that route since they seem to be more associated with Mercedes.

fastfatdude

First Name
Chung Yeh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR
Merc probably don’t wanna sell them anything interesting as it would directly compete against the G wagon.

It all depends on how much faith you have in a BMW driveline. It's unexpected that they went that route since they seem to be more associated with Mercedes.
Sponsored