Sponsored

Ineos Grenadier another possible contender to the Wrangler?

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I really want to know the specs of these axles, but I haven’t found it listed yet

kre62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite
I have a rubicon and have a Grenadier on order. Beautiful vehicle that is basically a "Greatest hits of europe". Looks a lot like a classy Defender mixed with a G wagen, 4x4 guts from Magna Steyr, BMW engine, solid axles, fixed roof which means quiet, and ultra capable with front and rear lockers. Home run.

Sponsored

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
this looks more like competition to the Land Rover Defender than the "incomparable" Jeep Wrangler..

kre62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite
this looks more like competition to the Land Rover Defender than the "incomparable" Jeep Wrangler..
Not really. Unless you mean old Defender.

The Grenadier:
-Body on Frame
-Solid axles
-3 locking diffs

This is a wrangler/g wagen competitor. And I'll be ditching my Jeep for one on day 1.

Reactions: AFD

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
The rumor is that is will come in at $65k US. It is around 48K British Pounds.
This is geared more towards those that need something like a workhorse vehicle or the full overland user. There are videos and pics of these already on 35s for testing and marketing pieces from Iceland.

I was lucky enough to get to tour this vehicle at an event in Denver. This will never replace a wrangler for the super technical terrain. However, it will easily meet 95% of my needed use cases and 100% of my overland style needs.

Even Alu-Cab has announced they are working on a camper conversion top similar to the LC78 Troopy top, or the 76 top. With a pop top tent and a goose gear build out, and it would be the ultimate tourer. I found that with the petrol version there is plenty of room next to the drive shaft for an Aux tank. Plus, it has a sideways mufler in the back like the JL, so it will be easy to remove that and put another tank there.

With projected paylod of 2000lbs it should be able to hold all the weight legally by the numbers.

From the videos, you can see the articulation is limited, but from crawling underneath, that is due to the sway bars. They are short and don't disconnect. The best way to describe the suspension and frame...and everything is.....imagine a JL Wrangler 2500 suspension. It is like they took everything from the Wrangler and super beefed it up to increase payload.

The wheel base is 3" shorter, the width is 2' wider than the JL.

I'd could keep typing all day, so if there is anything in particular you'd like to know, just let me know.

Also, as expected, there is a dedicated forum for the Grenadier. It's pretty small al the moment, but I'm sure it will grow.

https://www.theineosforum.com/

I should add that this will not replace my built out LJ Rubicon. This would be just another vehicle to meet a different scenario. Another arrow in my quiver so to speak. Yes, I do have a reservation in to buy this already.
If Alu-Cab is in, I’m very much interested then. I just wish they would make a 2 door version so I can have something similar to Andrew St Pierre White’s (4xOverland) Troopy.

Jeep Wrangler JL Ineos Grenadier another possible contender to the Wrangler? 97E44D84-BAE3-4221-B1CB-BEDBF2D5CA60

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Meh. The Wrangler and Grenadier both have round headlights, so they're basically the same thing right? 😆

I really like the Wrangler, it's capabilities, design and heritage, but some of you guys here are funny.

Sponsored

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
I'd could keep typing all day, so if there is anything in particular you'd like to know, just let me know.
Are you British?

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
Meh. The Wrangler and Grenadier both have round headlights, so they're basically the same thing right? 😆

I really like the Wrangler, it's capabilities, design and heritage, but some of you guys here are funny.
what do you expect when this is a Jeep Wrangler forum…:jk:

Reactions: AFD

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR