First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2020 JT, 1990 Mustang
Build Thread
Link
I have been dying to get out with the new Jeep. I will be on leave June 27th through July 9th. Anyone interested in hitting up some Indiana area trails during that time?
Sponsored

mygreenkaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Where abouts in Indiana?
I'm a noob never been offroad much, never in my Jeep. Can't wait would be up for some moderate off roading.

OP
OP
XJfanatic

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I know about redbird and badlands but have never been to either. I am game to wherever. I am in Indy so pretty central to the state. I used to be out every weekend about 10 years ago and am just getting back into it.

Any dates work best for you?

OP
OP
XJfanatic

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Looks like there is Interlake as well

mygreenkaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
I don't have any firm plans but I see that is the 4th weekend. I'll likely have family stuff going on but might be able to get out on Monday the 5th since I'm off that Monday.

Redbird & Badlands are about 3 hours from me, Interlake is about 4 hours. I'm in Winchester, IN so not real far from your location.

Have you been to any of the 3 in the past? Being new I've never been to any of the locations. I see Redbird has Jeep badge of honor trails.

Sponsored

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
I don't have any firm plans but I see that is the 4th weekend. I'll likely have family stuff going on but might be able to get out on Monday the 5th since I'm off that Monday.

Redbird & Badlands are about 3 hours from me, Interlake is about 4 hours. I'm in Winchester, IN so not real far from your location.

Have you been to any of the 3 in the past? Being new I've never been to any of the locations. I see Redbird has Jeep badge of honor trails.
No experience here, pretty much stock Sport S, and no intention of doing rock crawling or anything too serious. But I would like to get off the pavement some. I've been looking at Redbird as well. I've heard there are some good trails there for beginners, as long as it is dry. Apparently even the easy trails get bad when it rains. I'm in Muncie, so roughly the same distance for me. I'm not sure what I have going on at the end of June (translation, not sure what kid activity may be happening), but I'd be interested in giving it a go if I am free.

I am signed up for the Jeep Adventure Academy thing in Badlands, but that isn't until October.

mygreenkaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
@MrGneissGuy

I'm in the same boat new and don't want to anything too crazy but need to get my feet wet at some point!

OP
OP
XJfanatic

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
@MrGneissGuy @mygreenkaw Haven’t been to any of the three. I am not new to off-road but not looking for anything too crazy with this Jeep until I get the feel of it. So I think we are all on the same page.

I am on leave from 27 June to 9 July. The in-laws come in the weekend of the fourth but they are here more for the kids than me 😂. So I can be flexible. Let me know what works best for everyone’s schedules. I definitely need to get out and wheel.

OP
OP
XJfanatic

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Anyone want to go out the 5th? Thinking of trying redbird as it’s a little more centrally located.
Sponsored