tatltael

First Name
Suneel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited JL
Hello,

I'm a 2019 Wrangler JL owner and have been a member of the forum for a couple years. I noticed recently that I can't access the forum anymore either at home or on mobile, without having to use a VPN. Did you guys block all IP addresses from India?
For the record, Jeep has been selling the Wrangler here in India, for the last decade. There are quite a few Wrangler JL owners in India. We would like to access the forum without having to use a VPN.

Please look into this.
Sponsored

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
Hello,

I'm a 2019 Wrangler JL owner and have been a member of the forum for a couple years. I noticed recently that I can't access the forum anymore either at home or on mobile, without having to use a VPN. Did you guys block all IP addresses from India?
For the record, Jeep has been selling the Wrangler here in India, for the last decade. There are quite a few Wrangler JL owners in India. We would like to access the forum without having to use a VPN.

Please look into this.
Howdy, Suneel! On a separate note: My wife’s parents live in India and we we trying to think of a good way to get them a Wrangler without the exorbitant fees associated with the duties. Are we correct, for example, that a $50,000 (37 lahk) Jeep here will cost $100,000 (74 lahk) in India because of the import tax? We’ve even looked at purchasing it from a neighboring country and driving it across the border, but are uncertain if that would work. How did you go about obtaining your Jeep and did you have to pay the massive tax on it?

OP
OP
tatltael

tatltael

First Name
Suneel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited JL
Howdy, Suneel! On a separate note: My wife’s parents live in India and we we trying to think of a good way to get them a Wrangler without the exorbitant fees associated with the duties. Are we correct, for example, that a $50,000 (37 lahk) Jeep here will cost $100,000 (74 lahk) in India because of the import tax? We’ve even looked at purchasing it from a neighboring country and driving it across the border, but are uncertain if that would work. How did you go about obtaining your Jeep and did you have to pay the massive tax on it?
Hello,
Jeep sells the Wrangler here as a CKD unit, which means that the parts are imported and the vehicle is then assembled in their local factory (which manufactures the Jeep Compass for worldwide distribution)

The current price is around 57 lakhs for the Sahara and 60 lakhs for the Rubicon before road tax and registration. Unfortunately there is no legal way around this that I know of. I just paid retail for it and bought one.
Driving one over the border will still require you to register and pay tax if you plan on keeping it locally.

You can probably find used JKs on the market for under 45 lakhs though.

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
Hello,
Jeep sells the Wrangler here as a CKD unit, which means that the parts are imported and the vehicle is then assembled in their local factory (which manufactures the Jeep Compass for worldwide distribution)

The current price is around 57 lakhs for the Sahara and 60 lakhs for the Rubicon before road tax and registration. Unfortunately there is no legal way around this that I know of. I just paid retail for it and bought one.
Driving one over the border will still require you to register and pay tax if you plan on keeping it locally.

You can probably find used JKs on the market for under 45 lakhs though.
Thanks for the info, Suneel Uncle. 60 lakhs is quite a bit better than 74 that I was originally thinking. Still about 7.4 lahks more than my fully loaded (including new wheels, tires, and a lift) Rubi here In the States. Finding a used one would be the route to go.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
Hello,

Please look into this.
In the era of hackers, using a VPN is good practice. ProtonVPN gives you one for free, I've been happy with it.
Sponsored