Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
M&P Engineer
I can't speak to the most efficient way of getting you the extra lift, but as far as the gearing goes, I would recommend you drive it around a bit on the new tires to see how it feels to you, but my experience with stock Rubicon gearing with that size of tires has been great. I have a 2.5" AEV lift with their Borah wheels and 37x12.5 BFG KO2 tires, stock 4.10 Rubicon gears, and the 2.0 with 8 speed. I've had no issues on or off-road with that combination. That said, I think the KO2's are a bit undersized and I'm driving a 2 door, so those may be a factors.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Mounting 37s is a major undertaking that shouldn't be taken lightly.

If I ever were to do it, which I am not, I'd go in with a full budget that allowed me to enjoy driving the Jeep, and do it safely.

Mtenna99

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Programmer
Clubs

I’m have a JLUR on 37 and 2.0 auto and the jeep is livable. I added 37 about 2 weeks ago. I will be adding gears but I am in no rush. I have not crawled on the 37 yet so my opinion may change :). My major focus will be getting off the spacer lift and fixing all my geometry. I am going with the 3.5 metal cloack game changer lift. This will come with 8 adjustable arms and track bars to fix geometry. To me this is the most important part. Hope that helps.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2.5in basic teraflex coil suspension lift with fox shocks. I bought geometry correction brackets with the lift as well. I also am running 35 inch nitto ridge grapplers. I am looking to go to a 3.5in lift and 37 inch tires. Any suggestions as to the best / most efficient way to do this? I am not sure I want to be adding spacers to a lift. Would a regear be necessary with the 2.0? Thanks in advance.
Need more information…..knowing your intended lift height and tire size is only the tip of the iceberg……

which fox shocks( what lift range) ?, are your sway links adjustable, do you have adjustable track bars?, how much bump stop are you running? what is the backspace of your wheels going to be?.

These are some of the things that needs to be discussed before you make your plan.

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Need more information…..knowing your intended lift height and tire size is only the tip of the iceberg……

which fox shocks( what lift range) ?, are your sway links adjustable, do you have adjustable track bars?, how much bump stop are you running? what is the backspace of your wheels going to be?.

These are some of the things that needs to be discussed before you make your plan.
🤯
Lol

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, looks like I have a lot more left to learn. First Jeep and first car that I am really doing work on so this is all new to me. My fox shocks are the the 2.0 Performance Series IFP which are good for a 2-3 inch lift. I'd obviously have to replace these. As far as adjustable sway links and track bar, I have no idea. I bought the teraflex basic coil suspension kit, the shocks, and a teraflex geometry correction bracket. Nothing else has been done to the suspension besides that, if that tells you anything. Same goes for the bump stop - no clue. I have no exact backspace that I have chosen yet for the wheels, but definitely prefer them to stick out a bit. I currently have 1.75 inch hub centric spacers in, and I like the look, but could go wider, especially with more height. I'm obviously a noob, doing my best to learn about all of this, appreciate the help!
No problem…… what kind of wheeling will you be doing with your Jeep ?

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2.5in basic teraflex coil suspension lift with fox shocks. I bought geometry correction brackets with the lift as well. I also am running 35 inch nitto ridge grapplers. I am looking to go to a 3.5in lift and 37 inch tires. Any suggestions as to the best / most efficient way to do this? I am not sure I want to be adding spacers to a lift. Would a regear be necessary with the 2.0? Thanks in advance.
Feel free to PM me and we can have a phone call. Too much to type out.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
FYI: adding a lift, custom wheels and 37s won’t increase the value of the Jeep.

Sponsored

REDSEAL199

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Highaltitude 4xe
Wow, looks like I have a lot more left to learn. First Jeep and first car that I am really doing work on so this is all new to me. My fox shocks are the the 2.0 Performance Series IFP which are good for a 2-3 inch lift. I'd obviously have to replace these. As far as adjustable sway links and track bar, I have no idea. I bought the teraflex basic coil suspension kit, the shocks, and a teraflex geometry correction bracket. Nothing else has been done to the suspension besides that, if that tells you anything. Same goes for the bump stop - no clue. I have no exact backspace that I have chosen yet for the wheels, but definitely prefer them to stick out a bit. I currently have 1.75 inch hub centric spacers in, and I like the look, but could go wider, especially with more height. I'm obviously a noob, doing my best to learn about all of this, appreciate the help!
Well, you got ROKY the mad scientist's attention! You should be in good hands now! @Roky

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I just have a desire to go bigger
We all do. But learning to use what we were gifted at birth is our best shot at success.

On another note. You do what you want with your Jeep. but why not simply stay 35s? 37s open a whole can of worms.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Mounting 37s is a major undertaking that shouldn't be taken lightly.

If I ever were to do it, which I am not, I'd go in with a full budget that allowed me to enjoy driving the Jeep, and do it safely.
25k miles, 35x12.50r17 x-mt's on a 2.5" spacer lift. Multiple 1-3k mile road trips, moab twice, telluride, tillamook, big bear, death valley, desert outside Las Vegas, AZ, and the wife's daily the entire time. Everything from easy forest roads to cliffhanger, Holcomb creek,, and the Dusy-Ershim trail. I doubt there are many people who have enjoyed their Jeeps more over the last 13 months. Factory 4.10's are fine with the 8 speed and the turbo. We've upgraded quite a few things over the last year, drag link flip kit, track bar, adjustable front LCA's, engine skid, etc. More wants than necessities. HD Ball Joints should be here next week as the stockers have a little play now, but at 40k miles and 25k of those being with large tires I'd say they lived a full life. I definitely haven't seen a single issue with safety or enjoyability in our experience. The 1st gear in the 8 speed is so much better than any auto jeep before it. A late model jk would need 4.99 axle gears to match our stock 4.10s. An early jk would need 6.73's. Lower gears are definitely not necessary, with the double over drive they wouldn't hurt, but not a necessity.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
Ah just misread that, light-medium wheeling on weekends while it’s nice out for the most part but highway commute to work 5 days a week so need that balance. I’ll be the first to admit I’m getting parts that I don’t necessarily need for my amount of wheeling, I just have a desire to go bigger
I’d actually vote to keep the geometry brackets and switch to some new springs/shocks and adjustable track bars. Look up other lift kits and the combos they use (Clayton and Fox, Rock Krawler and Falcon) to see what you like for the price. If you aren’t happy with the drive after install and alignment, talk to us or a company like Metalcloak about which adjustable arms might help address your concerns.
Geo brackets seem to help with driveability day to day. I have them and my rig drives better than stock. They also help keep pinion angles in check to avoid needing driveshaft upgrades at the 3.5” and up size.
Sponsored