Incoming calls loud AF on Bluetooth...

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JLUR
Uconnect 7, iPhone 10, and we cannot figure out how in the hell to turn the speaker volume down for incoming calls.
I have tried turning down the volume as the call comes in on both Jeep, and phone. I’ve done it with the knob and the volume select on steering wheel. There are no adjustments on the head unit for volume control. We have adjusted the volume output on our phones, and it always defaults back to LOUD AF for the next call.
Been searching the webz and appears this is a pretty big issue. Some can correct, most can’t.
Any suggestions? Tired of having my ears blown out or damn near heart attack every time I get a call when my phone is connected.
Sponsored

Crawldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr wrangler rubicon, '18 Ram3500
is it the ringing that is loud, or the speaking after you answer?

some things to try:
go to Settings > Sounds on your iPhone when you're connected to your car stereo and make sure the Ringer and Alerts volume is not set at full.

if the ringer is too loud, turn the ringer down on the phone (away from the jeep, in the house. at home screen turn the volume down to half. adjust the ringer when not operating in the jeep)

if it's the loudness while speaking, you turn the volume down on the head unit of the jeep during the call.

you may have to unpair the phone and repair if these functions do not work properly. make sure you tell the phone "ok give this unit full control" when prompted during the pairing.