Sponsored

In your opinion, WHAT MAKES THE JEEP WRANGLER SO GREAT?!!

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
The conversations with people you don't know. The meeting of people you would otherwise never have met. The hanging out, invites, and cruises with a 50 to 60 vehicle convoy to some nice beach town....
Sponsored

scottijohn63

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Corvette Z06 Convertible
I love being able to go places other people can't! I also like to have the roof open and the doors off! Don't tell the State of California it's legal to drive that way on the freeway! Once they figure it out they will out law it!

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
I will Echo what everyone else is saying .....Freedom! freedom from the road, freedom from knowing it can get as dirty as you want and you don't have to care! freedom from doors and a roof when ever you feel like it. freedom to go anywhere and know you have the most capable vehicle to get you there. I do believe that is why so many of us are passionate about ownership...This vehicle is as much a part of me as any vehicle can be... because it allows me my freedom!

TA1ton

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
It’s the only production 4 door convertible SUV in the world
I think you mean currently in production. There have been several other 4-door convertible SUVs. Land Rover, Hummer, and Maybach have all had 4-door convertibles just to name a few. Also the upcoming Bronco. I’m sure there have been numerous concepts, but Hyundai had a concept Santa Fe Cabriolet that would seat 7...

Jeep has definitely been the most successful of all of the convertible SUVs...

Sponsored

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
This is a fun thread. My Jeep is in the shop, getting some good work done. I was doing fine without, 7 days in, but dammit now I need it back NOW! Lol. Counting the days til top and doors come off!!

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
I think you mean currently in production. There have been several other 4-door convertible SUVs. Land Rover, Hummer, and Maybach have all had 4-door convertibles just to name a few. Also the upcoming Bronco. I’m sure there have been numerous concepts, but Hyundai had a concept Santa Fe Cabriolet that would seat 7...

Jeep has definitely been the most successful of all of the convertible SUVs...
and none of them can do this

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
"JEEP" An American icon for eight decades that conjures up images of freedom, independence and adventure...A vehicle unlike any other, instantly recognizable no matter if it's brand new or 80 years old! No other vehicle has quite the allure of a Jeep for those who love the outdoors, have a thirst for adventure or just seek to escape our daily grind, even if is only for a weekend! You can buy Jeep right off the showroom floor and take it off the beaten path or customize it to suit your desires with a virtually endless array of aftermarket and Jeep Performance parts...I have had lots of trucks and SUV's, none have given me as much pure fun and pleasure as my Rubi 2-door! Only Jeep owners really understand: "It's a JEEP thing"

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
Girls at the beach towns really like to ride in Jeeps . That's one of the better reasons why I'm a Jeep loyalist . Of course , the girls also can come with problems , like the Jeeps themselves .
I doubt any Jeep could have the number of problems some of my earlier girlfriends had. I am pretty sure my first in the California Penal system, but have no evidence.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
For me, two things make the Jeep the best vehicle, bar none:

1. Ability to take me off road
+
2. The unique look, even more so if it's modified

The 4Runner and Bronco satisfy number 1, but not number 2. It can be argued that the Bronco has a unique look, but in my eyes it still looks too much like an SUV.

I must add that I am one of the weird Jeep owners who could drive with the top and doors off about 340 days/year, and I am never tempted to do it.
I live in Southern Arizona and aside from ~10 days there is no reason I can't drive with the top and doors off .... well one, my wife isn't the biggest fan of the blowing air. Of course, as a dutiful husband I do put the doors every once in a while when it gets a little chillier. I love the top and doors off, but adding the Tops USA shade top made all the difference since I have a shaved head and the Arizona sun isn't too nice to bald redheads. I have teenagers point out my Jeep and tell the others it is so cool and it is basically a stock Rubicon with the doors and hard top hanging in the garage.

I must admit that I resisted owning a Wrangler due to gas mileage of all things. I kick myself for letting such a trivial thing to have kept me from owning one for 20 years. My wife complains that I put too many pictures of the Jeep up on Instagram and Facebook.

If I had to sum up my feelings on a Jeep Wrangler it is this: "You can go almost anywhere you can dream, all the while having the camaraderie and support from the strongest vehicle community you will ever experience."

If you get yourself in trouble and can get a message out on social media, someone is going to come save your ass and it is usually a number of folks all pitching in! I have seen fellow Jeepers drive two-hours to help someone out. Look at the crazy bastard who got stuck on the mountain bike trail in Southern California. There were like 10+ Jeeps there to help him the next day.

Sponsored

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
I think some of the credit goes to the aftermarket. Jeeps are ridiculously customizable. Look around this site. Your Jeep becomes a creative platform for expressing yourself to the community.

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
I love driving along, seeing a long overgrown, crappy two track, thinking “wonder where that goes?”, and then being able to find out😊. Finding new fn places and hidden fishing holes and places to hunt is what got me hooked, and it still holds its allure today. I see no reason for country folk NOT to have a Jeep😏

Xspurt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Juliet Lima
There are a lot of great posts in here about the vehicle's capabilities, versatility, value and just how it makes one feel. However, if another vehicle did all of that but didn't LOOK good, I wouldn't want to own it so for me it's mostly about the looks.