Sponsored

In Transit KZ status AND showing on dealer webite. Concerns?

Waiting

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon, 3.6L, 8-spd auto
My status is up to KZL and I have window sticker from CyrptoStickers, without my name on it. The dealer website shows my Jeep, presumably for sale to anyone, on their website and it's window sticker doesn't have my name on it either.
All this happened late last night. Should I be concerned that dealer will sell my Jeep out from under me, as I heard happen to other people? For some reason, Jeep.com's inventory search doesn't return a match for my Jeep at any dealer near me.
Sponsored

Justarose

First Name
Crystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler unlimited rubicon
My status is up to KZL and I have window sticker from CyrptoStickers, without my name on it. The dealer website shows my Jeep, presumably for sale to anyone, on their website and it's window sticker doesn't have my name on it either.
All this happened late last night. Should I be concerned that dealer will sell my Jeep out from under me, as I heard happen to other people? For some reason, Jeep.com's inventory search doesn't return a match for my Jeep at any dealer near me.
Mine also is in KZLD and appeared on my dealers website this morning. The window sticker also does not have my name as my dealer stated. My dealer has been in contact me through emails and we think this is just standard procedure one the window sticker is created.

OP
OP
Waiting

Waiting

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine also is in KZLD and appeared on my dealers website this morning. The window sticker also does not have my name as my dealer stated. My dealer has been in contact me through emails and we think this is just standard procedure one the window sticker is created.
Yeah, I just shot my dealer an email asking if it could be "marked as sold". I hope to hear something that calms me from the dealer tomorrow.

Justarose

First Name
Crystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I just shot my dealer an email asking if it could be "marked as sold". I hope to hear something that calms me from the dealer tomorrow.
I was also told the window stick you get online is just the generic template. Your actual paper one will say made for and your name.

Brandonjjon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4XE (Granite)
Looks like mine is listed as well... I plan on calling my dealership in the morning and asking if this vehicle is available, pretending to be a random customer of course and expressing interest. Hopefully they'll give the right answer, and if not.. hopefully the surprise call will make them double check their facts first next time.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Waiting

Waiting

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks like mine is listed as well... I plan on calling my dealership in the morning and asking if this vehicle is available, pretending to be a random customer of course and expressing interest. Hopefully they'll give the right answer, and if not.. hopefully the surprise call will make them double check their facts first next time.
Well, I just called my dealer from an unused Google Voice number and gave a fake name. They were going to sell me the Jeep and quoted me a price. I asked if the Jeep was special ordered and sales person said "Yes" and that he didn't notice that until I asked. I thought waiting for the build and shipping times was tough....the idea of them possible selling my Jeep is killing me. Hopefully, this sales person was correct and he did not notice it was sold, and he would have been blocked by the management from selling it.

Brandonjjon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, I just called my dealer from an unused Google Voice number and gave a fake name. They were going to sell me the Jeep and quoted me a price. I asked if the Jeep was special ordered and sales person said "Yes" and that he didn't notice that until I asked. I thought waiting for the build and shipping times was tough....the idea of them possible selling my Jeep is killing me. Hopefully, this sales person was correct and he did not notice it was sold, and he would have been blocked by the management from selling it.
Once he realized it was special ordered, did he say sorry this is sold? Or is your quote still valid.

OP
OP
Waiting

Waiting

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Once he realized it was special ordered, did he say sorry this is sold? Or is your quote still valid.
He said did say it was sold to someone else and that he would call back if the 'other customer' did not take it. The phone quote was $75 less than the deal I worked..I'm not too worried about that but will bring it up, if/when I pick up the Jeep.

Brandonjjon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
He said did say it was sold to someone else and that he would call back if the 'other customer' did not take it. The phone quote was $75 less than the deal I worked..I'm not too worried about that but will bring it up, if/when I pick up the Jeep.
Heh, that's funny. Well at least they mentioned it was already sold. That's the answer we're looking for! Good luck to you and I hope you get it with no issues.

OP
OP
Waiting

Waiting

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update: One of the sales managers called me back. He insisted the Jeep was flagged as a special order for me and that it is not listed as sold on the website because this something done automatically by Chrysler. I also told him I fake called and almost got a guy to sell it to me. He assured me the sales guy probably missed the fact it was sold and that info is normally only available to management. He also told me that any deal a salesperson might work up would pass his desk and would stop it for being a sold special order. I feel better; I hope this eases others' minds, as well.

Sponsored

Brandonjjon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update: One of the sales managers called me back. He insisted the Jeep was flagged as a special order for me and that it is not listed as sold on the website because this something done automatically by Chrysler. I also told him I fake called and almost got a guy to sell it to me. He assured me the sales guy probably missed the fact it was sold and that info is normally only available to management. He also told me that any deal a salesperson might work up would pass his desk and would stop it for being a sold special order. I feel better; I hope this eases others' minds, as well.
I called earlier and they checked and immediately found that it was already sold. I then spoke to my salesperson and mentioned that horror story I read on here about a dealership selling his order, she assured me that really can't happen unless it's a super shady dealership or something.

Justarose

First Name
Crystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just got this picture from My dealer....KZLD my ass Picking her up tomorrow

20180709_184537[315].jpg

Jimac

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
No concern only window sticker that counts is the one in the glove box at delivery and that one will have your name on it No the dealer will not sell your Jeep out from under you Have faith 1-24-2018 to 7-4-2018 for my rubi

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
They ALL show online. When mine was in transit and online, even though it was my vin, if I built a Jeep online it would show as my closest match. Even though it was 100 %, it would never show as that. I think they do something where a sold Jeep won’t show as a perfect match for anyone.
Sponsored