Sponsored

In the market for a new Jeep JLU

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I like you. I am a tad..... older.... like ..... your dads age, probably. I do want a fun vehicle but I also need to count on it to be there every day. Thanks for the steriod boost.... at my age, I need it.
Haha age is just a number man, you go get that Jeep Wrangler and enjoy it! Man LEGO time!
Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Great to hear. Air compressors don’t bother me......

Thank you for helping me.
I had both rear shocks leak when the temp dropped to -25. Had those replaced under warranty. ESS periodically malfunctioned. Had it repaired under warranty (just a loose wire). Everything else has been fantastic! That's what warranties are for :like:

OP
OP
Dkretden

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I had both rear shocks leak when the temp dropped to -25. Had those replaced under warranty. ESS periodically malfunctioned. Had it repaired under warranty (just a loose wire). Everything else has been fantastic! That's what warranties are for :like:
Agreed. “Little stuff” like this isn’t an issue. To me I am trying to reconcile 195 pages of “steering issues”, and gas leaks, and death wobble, and frame welds, and..... and....

Seems that many JL owners may not have any issues (or really minor issues like yours).

Just trying to understand.....

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Haha age is just a number man, you go get that Jeep Wrangler and enjoy it! Man LEGO time!
Hmm this sounds like a pickup line "Hey Sexy Mama, wanna play with my Legos?" :devil:

PS I saw your text pic earlier :involve:

Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Agreed. “Little stuff” like this isn’t an issue. To me I am trying to reconcile 195 pages of “steering issues”, and gas leaks, and death wobble, and frame welds, and..... and....

Seems that many JL owners may not have any issues (or really minor issues like yours).

Just trying to understand.....
Frame welds have been resolved.

OP
OP
Dkretden

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Frame welds have been resolved.
Yes, I know. And that gets to to root of the question....... it seems to me that the 2019s are “better” than the 2018s fromma quality standpoint (again, just using this board as a reference) ...... it seems like “first model year” issues may be working out...... so, maybe I buy a 2019 or save up a little more and buy a 2020.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Hmm this sounds like a pickup line "Hey Sexy Mama, wanna play with my Legos?" :devil:

PS I saw your text pic earlier :involve:
Lol it’s so funny when the Jeep reads back her name in my contacts hahaha

It says “kissy lips my sexy mama kissy lips” LOLOL

Can’t wait for my friends from work to be in there and she texts me while headed out for lunch. I’ll never hear the end of it lol

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
i have been on the board for just a bit. I am thinking of a new JLU but, frankly, the quality of these things as reported here is very concerning to me. The “problems” list from delivered quality to death wobble to steering boxes to rear defrosters to gas tanks leaking gas to transmissions to frame welds to.......... really have me concerned that buyin a Jeep JL now is just buying a problem.

The NHTSA website has 5XX complaints on the 2018 and so far 12 for the 2019. Other brands have, essentially, none.

What are your thoughts? If I want a veicle that “just works”, should I just look at something else? Or, are all the reported JLU issues here just new model growing pains and will be sorted out by the 2020 model year?

I've had my 18 JLUR almost a year and 18k+ miles and I have experienced no death wobble, it's not as easy to keep straight though as "regular" vehicles but I dont have any complaints about the steering, it's my first jeep. My gas tank doesnt leak, my defrosters work fine, I love the 8AT trans, no problems with it. I havent checked the welds. I havent had any problems with mine. I love driving it, makes me want to drive any chance I get, this being my first jeep, made me a jeep guy for life, I dont see myself not owning a jeep for the rest of my life.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dkretden

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I've had my 18 JLUR almost a year and 18k+ miles and I have experienced no death wobble, it's not as easy to keep straight though as "regular" vehicles but I dont have any complaints about the steering, it's my first jeep. My gas tank doesnt leak, my defrosters work fine, I love the 8AT trans, no problems with it. I havent checked the welds. I havent had any problems with mine. I love driving it, makes me want to drive any chance I get, this being my first jeep, made me a jeep guy for life, I dont see myself not owning a jeep for the rest of my life.
Great to hear! Thank you for your response as a totally happy Jeep owner!

Spartan99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUX
There are too many. Not nearly as cool as they were. So if anyone asks, they suck. Like surfing. It sucks don’t try it.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I had my A/C Compressor replaced under warranty but other than that nope. Still couldn’t be happier! Best vehicle purchase I have ever made. It’ll be in the family for a LONG time. Kids are already fighting over who’s getting it. Haha

Live life bro!
Yep, my grandkids and even my ex-daughter-in-law are demanding they each get my 2012 JK now that I have the JL.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Get one, you'll love it!!!

I've had 27 Jeeps, about half used! The used ones had some typical "used" problems the new ones except for two were never back to the dealer with the exception of a couple recalls! One new one was a lemon engine wise, still loved it...ahh a love/hate thing! The dealer stood by me and eventually the engine fixed under jeep after 12k over the expired warranty. Oh yes that one was not FCA Jeep.

Probably these forums, all forums are the best and worse that you can pay attention to? Lots of complainers, then some really neat information. Like the guy above "don't buy a Jeep", I wouldn't own another SUV...there are very few real SUV's on the market anyway, almost all other AWD/4WD's are crossovers!!!

We have a 2015 Cherokee Trailhawk Jeep #25, 33k never been back for anything but a couple recalls. Had another 2015 Cherokee #26 on lease no problems either, lease gone now replaced by a 2018 JLU Sahara #27, couple recalls, It does have the "dreaded" defroster wire disconnect. That stinks but it's in a garage so... dealer's not given up, just a pain in the glass!!! See what I did there! The JLUS is really one of the best or maybe the best Jeep yet?? I know, should not have said that! lol I hope that's not true!

Go Jeep!!!
Ummm, I don't see.
Sponsored