Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
  • Banned
This thread seeks ideas on what to do for auto transportation between the time that the vehicle you drove which preceded your purchase of a JL dies, and your ordered JL, inspired by this "death," is delivered.

Do you "long term rent" transportation? Who provides such services?

Thanks.
Sponsored

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
Go seek out and buy a good condition older TJ,YJ,CJ sell it after or hold onto it for fun, either way you won’t lose anything really, and if you get a good deal or clean one up a bit you might make a few bucks.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I sold my 2016 Wrangler about 7 months ago. I purchased two cars that needed a little work while I was waiting on the JL. I priced the cars high and listed them about a month ago. Both sold within a week for my asking price(I expected they would sell about the time I had my JL for a lesser price.)
I'm now riding a motorcycle around when temperatures are above 40(most winter days in Houston.) When it's much cooler than that or raining heavily my wife takes me to work.
I looked for used XJs, but didn't want to dump money into another project when I knew my new toy would be here in a few months.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
bus pass?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I'd just go buy a cheap, good running used car with high miles. Low ball the seller, then sell it when you get your JL. You might even make a couple hundred bucks. You might even keep it and drive it on snowy, salty days, and save your JL for sun and fun!

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I'd just go buy a cheap, good running used car with high miles. Low ball the seller, then sell it when you get your JL. You might even make a couple hundred bucks. You might even keep it and drive it on snowy, salty days, and save your JL for sun and fun!
I tried doing that in Houston, but Hurricane Harvey drove up the used car market. About the only thing that I could find that was a good deal was a motorcycle...
Sponsored