PA-Punkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, 2012 BMW 328 Wagon, 2002 BMW 330 Cabrio
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
I’m just discovering this 2dr aluminum skid kit. Why aren’t more people talking about it if they’ve been waiting for Artec to release a 2dr aluminum setup - reasonable price too.

Did you purchase? And if so, do you like?
I did, got aluminum in red powdercoat. Looks well made and nicely finished. I haven't installed yet, waiting on a new exhaust and going to do both at same time.

EricP

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door
I have MORE full skid in metal. Heavy duty and has very good coverage. I wanted an aluminum system but there's is heavy IMO. They offered me a metal unit installed at a show discount price I couldn't refuse. 1- 1/2 yrs. and I still am waiting for Artec's aluminum. I want the ground clearance and weight savings.
Yeah, their Steel skids are nice too, but the aluminum ones seem a decent weight savings to them. What’s the weight difference in Artec vs MORE? How is the Artec better regarding ground clearance vs the MORE units?

EricP

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door
It's been awhile since I shopped and compared so I do not remember the numbers. I would have to research but ground clearance and weight are significant. I will go with Artec when/if they get off the pot.
I dunno - I’m thinking MORE’s setup may be worth the look. Artec’s JLU skids show as weighing 86lbs, whereas MORE’s 3 JLU skid components equate to 68lbs (11+26+31). And both says 1/4” aluminum and 3/16” brackets. Plus MORE’s is $700 cheaper as of this post.

Sounds like MORE‘s solution is a nice one.

Sponsored

EricP

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door
Haha, I like M.O.R.E. but their skid system adds to( on top of) the factory skids and looses ground clearance. Artec replaces factory skids and gains ground clearance
Ooooooo - this I did not know. Gonna look into that now! Thanks!

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Sure! I don’t have a ton of post install of the skids, but here is a picture of them staged on the floor, and the Jeep after I finished that day with the skids, rails and Rubi suspension. I can take more pictures tomorrow as well.

9CF61ECD-5FBC-42C1-AA47-8D6571FC2649.jpeg

69E3C693-A8EA-4636-B993-916B30A30272.jpeg
You said you had to remove the front section of the factory gas tank skid, so I assume the last 3/4ths of the factory gas skid is intact and the Metalcloak just rests over it?? Any pics of the underside (I know this is an old post so hopefully you're still checking in) :)

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Old thread and my update, so to speak is Artec has said the 2dr. aluminum will be out next (3rd)quarter. So I guess before October, 2021. Yeppie Ki Yay

texasrugby911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S 2 Door
You said you had to remove the front section of the factory gas tank skid, so I assume the last 3/4ths of the factory gas skid is intact and the Metalcloak just rests over it?? Any pics of the underside (I know this is an old post so hopefully you're still checking in) :)
Hey!
Yes, you are correct, theMetalCloak skid rests over 3/4 of the mopar skids. It is a bit heavier, but I look at it as extra protection on the tank. I will definitely take pictures when I am under the Jeep again. Give me a day or so.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Hey!
Yes, you are correct, theMetalCloak skid rests over 3/4 of the mopar skids. It is a bit heavier, but I look at it as extra protection on the tank. I will definitely take pictures when I am under the Jeep again. Give me a day or so.
Thanks, appreciate your help!

Sponsored

lpasq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLR - Prior: XJ | TJ
Old thread and my update, so to speak is Artec has said the 2dr. aluminum will be out next (3rd)quarter. So I guess before October, 2021. Yeppie Ki Yay
I have been told by Artec that I should not expect a skid system from them for my ‘21 JLR 2.0 non-eTourqe this year. They are focused on 392s instead. What motor are you running and have you found a skid system yet?

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
The two door skid on my JLR was made from a 4-Door aluminum Artec skid. The folks at Stacked Off Road in NC did the work. As far as I know, this was the first one done.

IMG_9730.jpg

IMG_9799.jpg
You have a 2.0 or 3.6? Is that a resonator or catalytic converter in your bottom picture? I am only asking because I wonder if there is a catalytic converter that is vulnerable to thieves?

I also wonder if there is any kind of skid plate for 2-doors that might discourage catalytic converter thief if there is a converter that is vulnerable to thieves.

Vanburi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 'Mojito' JLR
I agree and don't understand how difficult the differences are between the 2 and 4 door models. Surely, they could have come up with something by now if they were going too(4yrs)...

Creeker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7, 2020 JLR
Build Thread
Link
My JLR that has the modified Artec AL skid has a manual transmission and a 3.6 engine.