Sponsored

In praise of the Stock JL

First Name
antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl wrangler unlimited sport
Only thing I’ve upgraded on my stock jlu sport is a hitch basket lol only thing i plan on upgrading is the sun rider , stereo and id like to get a roof rack and some bigger tires 33s i dont Do any wheeling but i do Go up forest service roads and remote areas to go shooting and camping

8CD661A4-7D53-4E93-97F7-FB7DC64F0DA5.jpeg
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I honestly only lifted mine and put 35's on it because my wife really wanted it to be that way. Don't get me wrong, I love the Mopar lift and bigger tires, but I think it would have gone everywhere without the lift/tires that it has gone with them. It would have just rubbed, bumped, and scraped a little more. Big deal. That's Jeeping. I did go with 315 C rated KO2s to keep it as close to stock with ride and handling as I could.

Think about this, too. A stock Jeep will have more power and be lighter weight than a built Jeep with bigger tires. It takes less tractive force to get it moving, too, which is an advantage in certain conditions (ex, not high centered). I don't hear stock Jeep owners complaining as much about power (lack of) as I do lifted Jeeps with big tires, either.

I had as much fun with my stock 93 YJ 4 cylinder as I have with any Jeep, and a base JL Sport would be FAR more capable that it was, even in its wildest dreams.

Rubicollie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR
Occupation
Veterinarian
Really well done pictures. Please tell me those weren't taken with a phone.
Canon DSLR :)

Beautiful! Where was that at? Looks like Sedona area?
Yep, Sedona! Broken Arrow trail has been one of my favorites. I'll certainly miss the rock crawling after I move this month!

swwalker

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes SUV, VW Jetta (Diesel) and 2019 Jeep Wrangler
What is the best way to de-badge?

Sponsored

Sand Flea

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited, Sahara
Occupation
Federal Firefighter, Retired
Heat gun works best, but you can use a hair dryer.
Be patient. Don't get the surface too hot. Be patient. :)

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

i tend to use 5 lb fishing line on a summer day. pop the badges off then pull the double sided tape off is tricky tell you get the technique down. dont fold the tape after you get it lifted off the paint. instead pull it at roughtly 15 degree angle away from its self. kinda hard to explain but once you get it off a little goo gone and wax will clean the area up nicely

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i'll be stock for the most part. the only mods i've done so far is the head and fog lights upgrade, pillar lights, locking gas cap (soon). i know they are little things. however, when the tires wears out, i'll upgrade to 32" tires with different style black wheels. my be later on aftermarket front / rear bumpers and a winch. that will depends on where i move to in the near future. other than that my jl will be mostly stock with a little mods. have to remember that this is my only daily driver.

Chad1433

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I added larger A/T tires, but havent done any other mods to date. We've done 3 solid Badge of Honor trails in Moab including Fins n Things, Elephant Hill and Poison Spider. Its not necessary to go hog wild on upgrades to run trails. A stock Wrangler can do well right out of the box.

20190623_183615.jpg

20190623_134923.jpg

20190623_134602-01.jpeg

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
This isn’t my first Wrangler, but it is my first Rubi, and I’ve been looking forward to getting it ever since I sold my last Wrangler in 2011. It has left me (almost) speechless with doing EVERYTHING I have asked it to with ease. Showing all the tourists in Arizona that you don’t need to pay for the tourist company Jeep rides ;)
Only mod I’ve done is put light protectors on the fogs, front turn signals, and headlights.

A7AA32BE-0BC7-4295-9381-5B173BBA5D38.jpeg

8F426E6C-C048-41D1-AE39-C524A47431D1.jpeg

EE077992-8C2C-4AC9-811E-AFF7573F4EE7.jpeg

B62E1488-1BEA-438E-962F-F95AD0EE7527.jpeg
Canon DSLR :)

Yep, Sedona! Broken Arrow trail has been one of my favorites. I'll certainly miss the rock crawling after I move this month!
Love Broken Arrow! I’m headed up to Sedona next weekend and hope to take on Broken Arrow. I’m a little scared, as I’m really new to off roading, mostly just some fire roads so far. But I LOVE that trail and did a pink Jeep tour years ago wishing I had my own rig!
Now I do and I’m excited to get out there.

I do think stock Jeeps are ready to hit most trails, especially the Rubi! I didn’t get the Rubicon...but I am adding a lift and bigger tires so I can get out there rock crawling. I’m hoping I don’t have to do a lot of other modifications to make up for it.

Sponsored

Jersey_JLU

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
I added larger A/T tires, but havent done any other mods to date. We've done 3 solid Badge of Honor trails in Moab including Fins n Things, Elephant Hill and Poison Spider. Its not necessary to go hog wild on upgrades to run trails. A stock Wrangler can do well right out of the box.

20190623_183615.jpg

20190623_134923.jpg

20190623_134602-01.jpeg
Great looking Jeep and cool trails. What brand and size tires are you running?

piloto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3S2000944S
Love Broken Arrow! I’m headed up to Sedona next weekend and hope to take on Broken Arrow. I’m a little scared, as I’m really new to off roading, mostly just some fire roads so far. But I LOVE that trail and did a pink Jeep tour years ago wishing I had my own rig!
Now I do and I’m excited to get out there.

I do think stock Jeeps are ready to hit most trails, especially the Rubi! I didn’t get the Rubicon...but I am adding a lift and bigger tires so I can get out there rock crawling. I’m hoping I don’t have to do a lot of other modifications to make up for it.
FWIW, we had a rental Barlow Jeep (great company btw. Super nice and helpful and they know their stuff) last month and did Broken Arrow and a few other trails. Ours was a JLUR with the moose lift and 35” Falkens. No need for lockers at all, and the extra ground cleaners form the lift and tires was very helpful, but you could do without it as well. You’d just have to be a bit more cautious. The swag bar disconnect was really nice though, but that’s easily done manually as well.

On Broken Arrow in particular, the Rubicon felt like it was being driven on the street. It’s not a difficult trail per se, but nonetheless, it made it look extremely easy. I doubt a non Rubicon JL would be much different on that specific trail.

And what a beautiful trail too. We got there right before sunrise, and there was no else there. We got to enjoy submarine rock all to ourselves. Lol.

4967D6DB-9863-4F36-857D-FC3801831D31.jpeg