Sponsored

In praise of the Stock JL

Spartan99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUX
We’ve all seen a skilled person in a stock Jeep out perform a novice in a modded rig. Stock Jeeps are very capable.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Mostly cosmetic stuff for me as well to make it my own. Hood blackout, tint, antenna, grill inserts. Put in floor and cargo mats for protection and a catch can to keep things running smooth. But that's it where it stops.

I did so much to my trans am it gets to the point where you have diminishing returns on ride quality. Then tuning issues arise, its too loud...etc. Not going down that road again.

wrangster

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold the JLUS, New Ford Ranger 4X4 Lariat
Occupation
Retired and happy!
Vehicle Showcase
Great press here! I do also very much enjoy my mostly stock JLUS. I think if I really wanted to go rock climbing my choice would be a true ATV not a Jeep. Taking a $40K vehicle or more just to destroy it makes no sense to me. Mine is a every day driver and handles as good as most sport coupe cars, like it.

Sponsored

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Any pictures of installed grab handles? Like you, I’m the rare breed of 2dr owners whose back seat gets regular use.
I've owned three Wranglers and in all of them, the back seat was removed. You really must haul people around a lot. Back in college I used my TJ's back seat as a couch in my studio apartment.

Having manual transmission has always been a good reason not to let people drive my Jeep, and having no back seat has always been a good reason to only take one person with me ;)

Pink Brit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"GAMORA" Mojito JLR 6-speed manual :)
Occupation
Personal Trainer
Any pictures of installed grab handles? Like you, I’m the rare breed of 2dr owners whose back seat gets regular use.
Here you go!

IMG_1910.HEIC.jpeg

From outside, folded down

IMG_1907.HEIC.jpeg

From inside, folded down

IMG_1909.HEIC.jpeg

From inside, folded up (this is where they stay when driving, although they don't obscure vision or make noise, or hit me in the head, because I'm too short LOL) ... makes it WAY easier for backseat passengers to get in.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I've owned three Wranglers and in all of them, the back seat was removed. You really must haul people around a lot. Back in college I used my TJ's back seat as a couch in my studio apartment.

Having manual transmission has always been a good reason not to let people drive my Jeep, and having no back seat has always been a good reason to only take one person with me ;)
I have three teenagers. When we travel as a family, it’s always in our Yukon XL. For short trips with just a few of us, however, the kids always want to go in the Jeep. They don’t complain a bit about squeezing back there, but grab handles might be a good mod.

Yeah, mine is also a manual. It’s important to me that my kids all know how to drive stick.

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
I‘m actually only looking to mod my Sahara up to a stock Rubicon... I guess that's still keeping it stock, right? ;)
One of the few times I'll disagree with @robaw ... when I swapped out the Rubicon plastic bumper for a take-off Rubicon steel bumper... I was labeled a modder! Oh the shame of it all! :facepalm: So if I'm going to live with that stigma... you must also! :like:

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
From inside, folded up (this is where they stay when driving, although they don't obscure vision or make noise, or hit me in the head, because I'm too short LOL) ... makes it WAY easier for backseat passengers to get in.
Absolutely love the GPCA grab handles! Almost look as good with the Mojito as they do on the Punk'n ;)

But I'm selfish... these are just for front passengers... the rear seat has it's own set of doors!

IMG_1409.JPG

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Here you go!

IMG_1910.HEIC.jpeg

From outside, folded down

IMG_1907.HEIC.jpeg

From inside, folded down

IMG_1909.HEIC.jpeg

Very cool. Thanks!

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
I have no issue also with those decide to modify their vehicle it's there's, but for me my stock JLU Rubicon is just great.
Beside cosmetics I will not lift it or to get bigger tires 6nder it. And then go on Blogs and complain about Death Wobble I truly like my vehicle and again it does what I need it todo.