First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
Dont take this as disrespecting those of you who modify your Jeeps.
It’s not that at all. I love reading about all the cool stuff y’all do.
When I bought my JLU Sport a couple of months ago, I was expecting to do much of the the same.

But two things have happened since:

1. My stock Jeep has plumb AMAZED me at what it can do. It has done everything I have asked with ease. I’m really only interested in going places, not rock crawling for its own sake, but I’ve gotten into some hairy situations, at least by my standards, and my Jeep has pulled through without issues.
I intend to upgrade tires, and maybe add wheel spacers. That’s it, I think. I hated the plastic bumpers at first, but they look ok to me now.

2. I have noticed that almost every upgrade comes with a downside, usually diminished road performance (handling, noise, mpg), and/or requires further upgrades to address the problems the upgrade caused. (Spare tire issues, speedometer recalibration, new inner fenders, regearing, driveshafts, and on and on.)
It seems to be an endless cycle of “I did this, so now I need to do that”.
I know y’all love that, and I’m not putting it down. At all.

All I’m saying is that it’s a pretty remarkable little road/off-road machine as delivered, and I’m really pleased with it as is. I’m staying mostly stock.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Totally agree. I think there should be extra respect for pushing a stock Wrangler, especially a Sport or Sahara. How else do we know exactly what they can do? I put Rubicon tires on mine but otherwise I am staying stock until I find its limits.

You need to post some pictures here: Wheeling Stock - Let's See the Pics

JeepTime

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I’m a big fan of what stuff can do at stock performance. To me that’s more impressive than what things can do modified. Who knows what the future will hold, but as for now all I’m doing to my rubi is tossing a winch in the factory steel bumper

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I also like the stock look!

I’ve done several little things like new antenna, grab handles, CB antenna mount, steering stabilizer, new wheels and a few other nitnoid things but ultimately other than the wheels it looks stock. I like it and will keep it that way for a long time. The Rugged Ridge Tube Doors was my last order for a very long time and those are only on when the doors are off.

Keeping it clean!

Sponsored

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Totally stock here :rock: Alright, a few cosmetic things (decals, stubby antenna, lug nut covers, I think that's it). I think the look of it is great, I don't feel the need to add anything like wheels, tires, lift, etc. just to make it look better. Adding those things, along with a winch, may happen at some point when I feel they are necessary for me to do what I want to do with my Jeep, but I'm good for now.

Pink Brit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"GAMORA" Mojito JLR 6-speed manual :)
Occupation
Personal Trainer
LOVE my stock 2 door JL Rubicon, love the wheels, love the doors, love the steel bumpers, love the soft top!

Only things I messed with were the decals (gone), antenna (replaced), access for rear passengers (grab handles added), and missing somewhere to snack (added tailgate table) - nothing big, brash, or showy ... not my thing, STOCK ROCKS!

4TpTeltySQSQqPF+GHhKfg.jpg

Hgrace

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JUL Sport S, Fleetwood 33 Terra SE. Lincoln MKC
I'm the same. My only mods are for it's main function as a daily driver and tow behind my motorhome.
Bumper and winch. Ham and CB are GMRS radios. Door sill guards.

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Couldn't agree more. I've done a few things - replaced the tires, wheels, bumpers, headlights, taillights, suspension, steering, fenders. seats. Also re-geared, added skid plates, and put in a nuclear-powered engine, but otherwise I'm keeping it stock all the way.

Sponsored

Squibbles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI, Ranger
LOVE my stock 2 door JL Rubicon, love the wheels, love the doors, love the steel bumpers, love the soft top!

Only things I messed with were the decals (gone), antenna (replaced), access for rear passengers (grab handles added), and missing somewhere to snack (added tailgate table) - nothing big, brash, or showy ... not my thing, STOCK ROCKS!

That’s a great looking wrangler

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL

Any pictures of installed grab handles? Like you, I’m the rare breed of 2dr owners whose back seat gets regular use.