In praise of my 2.0T '20 JLU Sahara with Sky One after 2k miles

RTW Colorado

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
So I just had to comment on some nice surprises with my new Jeep. Maybe this will help others decide?

First I love this engine - I live at altitude (my house is at 8,000 feet) and the turbo is super here. Neck snapping quick and powerful climbing my 21% grade to my house on 33" tires. The ESS is great - just shifting your foot on the brake pedal will restart the engine instantly, no lag at all. I am getting 21 MPG (my computation which is only about 1 mpg off Jeep computer) 75% city 25% highway using 87 octane. No knocking.

I found the truck on a lot for 6% below invoice with most of my wish list and a couple things I didn't think I would need. BUT I love the remote start - turns on the heated wheel and seats and heater with fan on full (you can program it not to preheat). Its been cold and just great to get a couple minutes pre-heat going. Despite being winter I do love that power top too - its much quieter than the soft top I used to run. In fact I forget I have the soft top until around 55 mph where you first start to hear wind noise.

No steering issues, no bad welds, no software weirdness. Yet. (I know its early). The paint is beautiful - the metal flake is amazing, looks to me like a custom paint job.

The surprises? The engine stays warm for a long time! After parking in 20 degree weather for a couple hours its still warm when I get back in which as I said helps in winter. Will this be a problem in summer? We'll see. I have the Command Trac (wanted Select Trac) but on my snow road I am glad I got what I have - works perfect on the steep snowy road. AND I like the manual setting on the tranny for going back down that hill forcing 1st gear.

Another surprise - door stops on all the doors including tailgate. My last Jeep was on '07 JK so I know they have had this for a while now. They are two position to hold the doors open in two places and also kind of act like automatic closers. Just let go and it will self close. Yes, I have finally taught my wife not to slam the doors! The 8.4 Uconnect is a dream to work with - very well thought out and easy to navigate. The proximity locks are a real joy too - do not skip getting this! I could go on and on but as much as I knew I would love this vehicle its even better than I dreamed. Oh and I like the lighted cup holders and foot wells. Rant over!

Mods: I have to have a secure place to lock stuff up and the Tuffy Tailgate Box was a piece of cake to install, doesn't eat up cargo space (it does hit a cargo liner though) and also serves as a table. The tube steps are Westin - got them at the dealer for $400, also a dream to install. The bumper will wait 'til Spring. And these little plastic bins have been handy for storing stuff like you phone keeping the cup holders free.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YRYH1KZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

20191216_131908.jpg

20191216_131914.jpg

20191111_140627.jpg

20191111_140913.jpg
Sponsored