In need of Cargo mats for my new JL Rubicon

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Question about this, all of the sites selling this have this line "Fits your 4 Door Jeep Wrangler equipped with leather seats and production gap hider." So are they saying that the back seat covers only work with leather seats? I can't believe that would be the case, but just checking here...
It's somewhat true.

The cloth seats don't come with the gap hider, unfortunately.

I ordered the cargo mats and have them already - but my Jeep hasn't shown up yet. I have cloth.

So, we may have to wait and install the gap hider whenever it is available.

I will just use the mats without the gap hider for now.
Sponsored

McAutryx

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S, 2015 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Project Manager
Ahhh, I get it. Well, just want some sort of protection back there, I'll probably pick it up later. I do get the front and rear mats today, can't wait!

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Question about this, all of the sites selling this have this line "Fits your 4 Door Jeep Wrangler equipped with leather seats and production gap hider." So are they saying that the back seat covers only work with leather seats? I can't believe that would be the case, but just checking here...
We discovered recently that the gap hider is only installed if you order leather seats. F'ing dumb! So yea they are saying if you have cloth seats this won't work as there is no gap hider.

One person installed this without the gap hider. It will install but under the rubber flap that would normally rest on the gap cover will have zero support and any weight added to that one area may push the flap into the gap.

schneidvegas

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
While waiting for more products to come out, I've resorted to my old dog hammock thing. Before it used to sit between the front head rest, all over the back seat and connect to the back seat head rest. Since getting the JLU I've attached it to the back seat head rest, all over the cargo area and then slid the, what is normally the head rest buckles, under the little cargo tug area to keep it in place. It's been great for my white german shephard!

Sponsored

schneidvegas

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Just ordered the Dirty Dog cargo liner for mine, should be here Tuesday. I will post pics when it is installed. https://www.quadratec.com/p/dirtydog-4x4/cargo-liner-jeep-wrangler-jl-4-door
I'm excited to see some pics of this with the back seat up. I thought about getting this but I don't want like 4 feet of slack floating around the cargo area since I'm already using a decent method. Also curious how sleeping in the back of the jeep would work sleeping next to the dirty dog liner.