Sponsored

In case you were wondering how strong the rear glass is on the hard top...

Rickg667

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 62 CJ-5, 54 m38a1, 52 m38a1c
Now if they could only make a windshield that can withstand impacts from medium to large sized bugs....

QUOTE="simpleJL, post: 302018, member: 11853"]I accidentally left the hard top rear glass up when I exited my garage today.

And, well, it tore my entire garage door off of its tracks, bent a few panels, and bent the heck out of the tracks.

The rear wiper assembly is what caught on the bottom edge of the garage door.

When I stopped, it took some finaggling and some reversing to get the tension off of the wiper assembly to actually remove the rear glass from being wedged up against the garage door. This thing took some serious force and there isn't a single crack on the rear glass. It did slightly tweak the wiper assembly, but it is still 100% functional.

As for the garage - I bent everything back into place and managed to get it fully functional as well.

That rear window is made of steel! :punch:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Caught the incident on my dash camera here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TDbuxoneWwkovkMs6

Here's the aftermath video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/DbFh2VLc53ZC7mCu8

And here are some pictures...

upload_2018-7-25_0-6-44.png

upload_2018-7-25_0-7-4.png

upload_2018-7-25_0-7-24.png
[/QUOTE]
Sponsored

Turfman

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Vehicle Showcase
It's a dual channel BlackVue DR750S.

Shoots 1080/60 in the front. 1080/30 in the rear.

Best dash cameras that exist. Hand down. I have been using Blackvue cameras for the past 5 years or so.
I have to jump in here to say that on our way to trade in my F-150 platinum, my wife happened to be driving and she had never seen my traffic camera on it before, for some reason. Well I had reached up and shut it off and she ask me why I did that because she found it easier to see what was behind her then looking in the rear view mirror!!!!
I could not stop laughing as I told her it was only showing what was in front of her!

muskynut

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JLU SPORT-S
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Don't know know what would have been more expensive for you, the garage door or the rear window...
At hind-site thank goodness for the flimsy garage door. A more expensive one could have cost you the window.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
pretty awesome but I wish the front window were stronger.

Sponsored

85CJto18JL

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Jeep Insulin Powered! 2018 JLUR turned Diabetes Awareness build
My father once left Lincoln in drive and got out to go in house for a second. Didn't notice car rolling and pushed garage fridge through wall and down basement stair well on other side of wall.

I walked up a few minutes later and first thing he says... "Don't tell Mom."

"uh Dad, I think she is going to notice"

bentaxle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Can't believe how strong the wiper and back glass was to wreck the garage door like that.
Sponsored