ChadPARubicon

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon-two door gas V6
Hi,

I am considering a Clayton 1.5 inch or 2.5 inch lift for my two door Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. Ultimately I would like to run 35 inch tires on it. I know the 1.5 kit looks great with that setup and some run the 35s on the 2.5 inch kit as well. Is it possible and effective/safe to run a half inch or three quarter inch spacer with the Clayton springs to get somewhere between the two lift sizes? A spacer such as the Teraflex or other brand. Input is sought and would be appreciated! Any issues?

-Chad
Sponsored

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
Yes, it's possible. I wouldn't though. Not because it's detrimental, but because you can run a 35" tire stock and with 1.5" lift you'd be at the "max" height I would run with a 35" tire. Why raise the center of gravity and get the abhorrent and unsightly look of a taller lift with 35" tires. Just make little or no sense to go higher than 1.5".

azwjowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL; 2004 WJ (sold but never forgotten)
Yes, it's possible. I wouldn't though. Not because it's detrimental, but because you can run a 35" tire stock and with 1.5" lift you'd be at the "max" height I would run with a 35" tire. Why raise the center of gravity and get the abhorrent and unsightly look of a taller lift with 35" tires. Just make little or no sense to go higher than 1.5".
Have I ever mentioned how much I love your sensible posts?

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 2017 WK2, 2018 JLU, 2022 JTOD
Guys run 2” lifts on 35s all the time. It looks just fine, it’s not detrimental, your center of gravity isn’t going up a crazy amount on only half an inch. At 1.5” you’d be at the minimum height I would run with a 35” tire. Just makes little or no sense to run 1.5”

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 money pits: Turbo Busa, Road King, 22JLUR snazz
Occupation
Powerplant operator
You purchase 1.5” kit and you end up with 2.5”, don’t forget.

Remember many lifts are designed to be loaded down with steel, armor, etc. so if you don’t have heavy stuff your definitely getting higher lift than what’s on the box.

Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 money pits: Turbo Busa, Road King, 22JLUR snazz
Occupation
Powerplant operator
This is my 1.5” Clayton on 35” tires.

Jeep Wrangler JL In between lift kit sizes IMG_1516

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
I’ll second what @AcesandEights says and add Clayton is very specific about which kit to use to achieve what you’re trying to do. It’s all spelled out on their website and they are extremely helpful and willing to talk with you if you call them.

OP
OP

ChadPARubicon

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You purchase 1.5” kit and you end up with 2.5”, don’t forget.

Remember many lifts are designed to be loaded down with steel, armor, etc. so if you don’t have heavy stuff your definitely getting higher lift than what’s on the box.
Yep! I forgot to mention the following. The Clayton 1.5 really gives a two door around 2.25 to 2.5 ish. Some sport two doors on the Clayton 1.5 report at least that amount. I have two door Rubicon.

Sponsored

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Well, here’s a pic of my Metalcloak 2.5” Gamechanger and 35’s if it helps your decision any.

I got exactly 2.5” of lift in the rear and 3” up front, but the extra up front is likely compensating for the 3/4” of sag my winch added to my stock springs.

Jeep Wrangler JL In between lift kit sizes 1706061762221

autotragic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLR 6MT
Supposedly the OME 2 door lift (JL2DLK) is only 1 inch for Rubicons and 2 inches for non Rubicons. My plan is to run that with 35s. I need my Jeep to fit in my garage and I want a little bit of lift and more suspension travel without riding rough.

OP
OP

ChadPARubicon

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, here’s a pic of my Metalcloak 2.5” Gamechanger and 35’s if it helps your decision any.

I got exactly 2.5” of lift in the rear and 3” up front, but the extra up front is likely compensating for the 3/4” of sag my winch added to my stock springs.

Jeep Wrangler JL In between lift kit sizes 1706061762221
The MC 2.5 is definitely a good look with 35s. There is also a white one on here with silver wheels and that one also looks great.

Monteluis

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 wrangler rubicon 2door
Supposedly the OME 2 door lift (JL2DLK) is only 1 inch for Rubicons and 2 inches for non Rubicons. My plan is to run that with 35s. I need my Jeep to fit in my garage and I want a little bit of lift and more suspension travel without riding rough.
What you mean by ome ? What brand is that