Sponsored

In 2 sentences or less, what about the Wrangler brand most speaks to your love of it?

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
  • Banned
We get the (not so) occasional poster (not poser) to the board that's pensive on a Wrangler purchase decision and justifiably comes seeking advice—which I'm glad to report is by in large part received and answered with openness despite the repetition of this query. (We are, of course, not forced to be here or answer, but rather do so out of our common love for the rig.)

I've suggested that happy Wrangler owners can near immediately find, summons if you will, their own reasons describing their gravitation to the brand, even if our reasons vary widely. In 2 sentences or less, I hope to create such a thread, a repository if you like, that “on the fence” buyers can come to, to maybe find their reasons within.

Almost any thoughts are fair game, even humor others might not agree with. But remember, we wave at each other and don't share thoughts of using our vehicle, its capabilities or techniques, to hurt others. And we only effect such behavior if no action of our part finds us in imminent danger of said individuals.

I'll start.

====

1) The Wrangler is the embodiment of Freedom in not simply its historic military role protecting and preserving it, but in its ability to take us to places other vehicles can't—even if those places only exist in our minds and memories as we park our rig at the strip mall to buy more baby formula.

2) In a world where our behaviors seem so regulated, no pill can provide the joy of riding with open canopy, down a beach road, or a mountain trail, or even on the highway with the wind in our hair and the sights of the world around us, or the radio on.

====

Your turn.
Sponsored

Last edited:

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK X 2-DR
For me its "uniqueness" which covers a lot of usual things like open top, no doors, etc. But also the fact that it doesn't look like every other thing in the parking lot. For the most part, these days...all sedans = look the same, all SUVs = look the same.

I mean even in a lot full of Wranglers...there is more distinction than a lot full of different brand SUVs or sedans.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
cool n fun fun n cool

17FreedomChief

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Freedom Edition in Chief
One word Freedom. Freedom to explore areas I may not in any other vehicle. The freedom of being in complete openness like no other vehicle top and doors off. Freedom for its military history.

Sponsored

Graham22

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8 (sold) 2011 Jeep JKUR (sold) 2000 Jeep Cherokee XJ
Diesel Power!

shultz01

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1999 TJ Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Made in the USA, hard working, fun to drive vehicle for work hard-play hard people! It's for those that want to drive an American icon that represents some of the best automotive history and heritage this country can offer...own one with PRIDE!!

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
Iconic, cool, fun, convertible, go anywhere street or offload, "Chicks dig em"(Sounds kinda creepy coming from an old married dude) but that was the main reason 7 Wranglers and 30 years ago :)

Sponsored

dwoodwo1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2016 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium, Granite
1) Removable roof/doors make even the most routine errands exciting and refreshing. Truly a great way to experience the outdoors.

2) Ability to go anywhere, do anything. Great car to take to the beach, the campsite, or to the city.

3) The most customizable car, bar none. The available aftermarket allows one to truly make the Jeep their own.

Goes

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon firecracker red (soon)
Open air freedom with go anywhere capability with American Heritage and the opportunity to express your personality while enjoying the journey as much as the destination.

Nkyzr2

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep Liberty, 2009 Chrysler T&C
Vehicle Showcase
One of the last Street legal, solid axle, full framed, manual transmissioned 4 wheel drive toys left on earth...
Sponsored