Sponsored

Important for those that have a brand new Jeep - check your fuses!

Deleted member 53226

This whole loose fuse thing is crazy. Is "Fuse Box Installer" the lowest rung job at the factory, where the guy who does it is the worst/newest employee, and almost always forgets to just push them in all the way before moving in to the next Jeep? Really, the training manual for that position is like one line: "Push fuses into fuse box. Make sure they are all pushed in firmly"

Hilaryl1983

First Name
Hilary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ocean blue Jeep Wrangler unlimited rubicon
I had posted just recently on another post Bc my ā€œserv 4wdā€ light came on. I checked my fuses since I read someone else who had same issue did that and it fixed their issue. Sure enough more than half of mine were also incredibly loose and not seated! It seems to have fixed my 4wd light issue as well. Such a joke that from factory so many of them are coming with loose fuses!! Would be nice for customer service to get this issue fixed at the factories. Mine was brand new in July 2020 and is a 2020 rubicon jlu.

OP
OP
mjindy

mjindy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius (Wifeā€™s); 2021 Sting Grey Willys Unlimited
I wa
I had posted just recently on another post Bc my ā€œserv 4wdā€ light came on. I checked my fuses since I read someone else who had same issue did that and it fixed their issue. Sure enough more than half of mine were also incredibly loose and not seated! It seems to have fixed my 4wd light issue as well. Such a joke that from factory so many of them are coming with loose fuses!! Would be nice for customer service to get this issue fixed at the factories. Mine was brand new in July 2020 and is a 2020 rubicon jlu.
I was wondering if the Jeepā€™s that have shut down in the middle of the road if this was possibly the issue. Any one of those fuses could effect so many different functions, but what do I know. Absolutely nothingšŸ˜…. Glad it resolved your issue.

Hilaryl1983

First Name
Hilary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ocean blue Jeep Wrangler unlimited rubicon
I wa

I was wondering if the Jeepā€™s that have shut down in the middle of the road if this was possibly the issue. Any one of those fuses could effect so many different functions, but what do I know. Absolutely nothingšŸ˜…. Glad it resolved your issue.
My thoughts exactly! They have to control some serious stuff and wondered if it would just shut down the jeep while going 70 mph on the highway!! I think itā€™s entirely possible, super dangerous

Sponsored

Mikefly562

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU in Granite Crystal Metallic
As soon as my new 2021 JLU Rubicon was parked in my garage, the first thing I did was check the fuse box, and many of the fuses and relays were not secure and needed to be pressed into place. Same thing was the case with my 2020 Willy's as well.

Johnhinesaz

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Nearly all needed to be seated in my 2018 JLUR. Looks like this has been an issue all along.

Pete_the_JEEP

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
After purchasing our 2021 last December, I read about the fuse issue here. Went and checked mine out and the majority of the fuses and relays weren't seated. Glad I checked right away. I did inform the Dealer as well and informed them that they should check the box as part of their dealer prep. Who knows if they will though.
Knock on wood, no electrical issues so far!!:fingerscrossed:

JKtoJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
About 8 Wranglers later...2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Thanks to the fuse box post, I had the dealer check on my just arrived 2021 JT with January 2021 build date. They found fuses that needed to be pushed in. Even with that, Iā€™ll double check their double checking on delivery.

Definitely a great part of these forums when seeing posts that give us all a heads up on something.

Such as as to check over relays and fuses before we lose or blow a fuse in the Jeep and as a result in our heads as well over this possible issue, that can create other issues. šŸ˜³

Sponsored

BartC

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLU Rubicon, 13JK Rubicon
ā€˜20 JLU Rubicon and all loose, big and small alike, except about 10. Yep, thatā€™s quality. Maybe according to FCA but that really stinks. Price goes up and quality goes in the toilet. Itā€™s a real comfortable ride but Iā€˜m nervous Iā€™m going to be sitting on the side of a trail dead in the water or some stupid like electronic component that comes loose or just dies because itā€™s cheap junk. Nothing like my old ā€˜74 CJ5 I grew up with.

Mgdstar

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X, 2007 & 2008 Sahara Unlimited
I am starting to wonder if the fuses and batteries are left unconnected on purpose for transporting the vehicles and the dealers are the ones dropping the ball.

Air Uncle P

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLRU Bright White
On pickup day I popped the hood at the dealership and proceeded to push in 75% of my fusses to a bewildered sales guy. He had no idea this was an issue.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I am starting to wonder if the fuses and batteries are left unconnected on purpose for transporting the vehicles and the dealers are the ones dropping the ball.
How would the vehicles be driven on and off the rail transport cars and/or truck trailers?

Mgdstar

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X, 2007 & 2008 Sahara Unlimited
How would the vehicles be driven on and off the rail transport cars and/or truck trailers?
I am mainly thinking about rail transportation. The batteries could be drained and/or alarms may be going off, so a tech would reconnect batteries and fuses at the rail yard. obviously the batteries would need reconnected, but maybe not all the fuses. I don't know just quessing. But how would they get the vehicle to the dealer or consumer with out fully engaged fuses?
Sponsored