Sponsored

Important for those that have a brand new Jeep - check your fuses!

mjindy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius (Wife’s); 2021 Sting Grey Willys Unlimited
I have a brand new right off the assembly line Willys Unlimited. I learned a recommendation from this forum to check the fuse box to make sure that all the fuses are properly seated in. As I was taking off the cover I laughed at myself thinking this is probably a waste of time. But wow! As I pushed down on each fuse I was surprised at how many I could feel snap in. This very possibly saved me some major headaches down the road. Anyway, I know this has been covered on this forum before but feel it is very important to make sure everyone is aware. Thanks much!

915DFB5E-EB25-4301-806F-FD7FBF76F6DF.jpeg
Sponsored

SlowPoke21

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Yep yep. Mine is a 2021 and very bad as well

imperial4ever

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0 Moss Green
Yep yep. Mine is a 2021 and very bad as well
Wow. The UAW should hire you as a QA final inspection employee. Stuns me to see these issues on a $50K plus Wrangler. Go over to Ram-TRX forums and see all of the issues on the new TRX. What is up with Chrysler, I mean Daimler, I mean FCA, I mean Stellantis anyway.

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
Just ordered my JL80A yesterday. So the fuses are going to be one of my first checks.

Sponsored

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
I would have the dealership thoroughly go over the Jeep before you take delivery?
I'd expect every Jeep dealer in America to do this simple task w/o having to be told. According to how often it comes up as a topic on this forum indicates that they don't.

So, I'll take the 60 seconds or so to do it myself, just to make sure.

Air Uncle P

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLRU Bright White
At least 75% of my fuses needed to be pushed in farther. Early Jan. delivery. My sales guy was surprised when I said I was going to check them. Even more surprised with each click.

mgarciaknight

First Name
MG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU80
Every single one of mine needed to be seated properly. From small ones to big ones!

zxd9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S, Bright White, Freedom Pkg
Yep, I experienced the same thing with my 2020.

Sponsored

Kilroy1941

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator 2020
I have a brand new right off the assembly line Willys Unlimited. I learned a recommendation from this forum to check the fuse box to make sure that all the fuses are properly seated in. As I was taking off the cover I laughed at myself thinking this is probably a waste of time. But wow! As I pushed down on each fuse I was surprised at how many I could feel snap in. This very possibly saved me some major headaches down the road. Anyway, I know this has been covered on this forum before but feel it is very important to make sure everyone is aware. Thanks much!

Jeep Wrangler JL Important for those that have a brand new Jeep - check your fuses! 915DFB5E-EB25-4301-806F-FD7FBF76F6DF
Yup, former FCA now Stella has been having this issue since 2018. My 2020 gladiator had it. Sadly it didn't solve my electric issues

Robellion

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
After reading the many informed members here talk about this in other threads, I wrote to my dealer here in NYC and gave him a short check-list of things to make sure were correct BEFORE I showed up to grab the Jeep. He agreed, and when I arrived I personally checked them- all were seated properly upon inspection. Forgot to ask him if the mechanics had to re-seat though! Duh....Anyway, all is good so far!

Moreace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Will have to check. Thankfully had no issue. Are these in the footwell, under the hood, both?

SlowPoke21

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Wow. The UAW should hire you as a QA final inspection employee. Stuns me to see these issues on a $50K plus Wrangler. Go over to Ram-TRX forums and see all of the issues on the new TRX. What is up with Chrysler, I mean Daimler, I mean FCA, I mean Stellantis anyway.
I was counting how many “clicked” in at first. Quit counting after 15 or so. It was a lot. Lol

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase

915DFB5E-EB25-4301-806F-FD7FBF76F6DF.jpeg
Very nice Jeep! Congratulations.

I see Jeep now offers a color-matched hardtop —and even color-matched fenders— on Willys.

Can you also get a color-matched grille...?

Just kidding :LOL:
Sponsored