Sponsored

IMPORTANT...FCA NEWS FROM ITALY ON 1 JUNE 2018!

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
FCA has sent out news bulletins that they will be announcing a new 5-year plan on Friday, 1 June 2018!
One rumor is that Jeep/Ram will be split off from Chrysler/Dodge. Another rumor is that Great Wall Motors/China...stock valued at $15 billion wants to buy Jeep/Ram! The problem with that is...stock market analysis puts a value of 3-5 times that on the Jeep/Ram brand.
If FCA sells Jeep I hope it will be to an American company that appreciates the iconic nature of Jeep, especially the Wrangler.
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

Hootbro

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2022 JT RUBICON
The problem I see is if the Jeep brand is sold, what happens to all the intellectual property that is sourced across FCA in general like the engines, transmissions and infotainment? The JL is in the first year of what is normally a 10 year redesign cycle and selling it to some entity outside the FCA umbrella will screw up that life cycle if the IP for the bits and pieces that go inside it do not also go with it.

Sponsored

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
News is out. Jeep bringing back wagoneer, doing some grand Cherokee things, adding subscription and mobility efforts to let more Jeep fans enjoy the brand, electrification by 2022, and use specific insurance for off roaders

bilash31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 JKU, '18 GC
Ahahaha freaking lol: paragraph 2
"Actual results may differ materially from those expressed in forward-looking statements as a result of a variety of factors, including: the Group’s ability to launch new products successfully and to maintain vehicle shipment volumes"

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR
Love these rumors. Yeah company wants to sell its most profitable brands. I will believe it when I see it :movember:
Of course Great Wall Motors would love to get their hands on a great brand(s) with help from Chinese gov't cash but I highly doubt it unless they are willing to pay 4x its worth. Though Im sure China would try...lol.

Looks like the main news here is the change of the line up in certain regions and no outright sale of brands.

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
Wrangler will be its own brand separating from Jeep :)

Sponsored

Hootbro

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2022 JT RUBICON
Ahahaha freaking lol: paragraph 2
"Actual results may differ materially from those expressed in forward-looking statements as a result of a variety of factors, including: the Group’s ability to launch new products successfully and to maintain vehicle shipment volumes"
That is common language in investor meetings and that was what he was presenting at.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Love these rumors. Yeah company wants to sell its most profitable brands. I will believe it when I see it :movember:
Of course Great Wall Motors would love to get their hands on a great brand(s) with help from Chinese gov't cash but I highly doubt it unless they are willing to pay 4x its worth. Though Im sure China would try...lol.

Looks like the main news here is the change of the line up in certain regions and no outright sale of brands.
Exactly ! Also , No Way will FCA sell the Jeep . They are making huge profits with the JL . The Chinese government can shove it .
Sponsored