Sponsored

Im trying to order a 392-what dealer wants my business?

TCS1666

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GMC Sierra Denali - 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 (ordered) - 2017 GMC Acadia Denali (sold)
This is also true. Demand is high, supply is low, buyers are many so why would they sell to someone wanting a discount when they can sell the same vehicle to someone else who’s willing to pay full price if not more?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. There are some good dealers out there not looking to take their buyers to the shed. But as I have said before, the buyer will need to do the leg-work to find that good dealer!
Sponsored

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
"What dealer wants my business" or people that say "Who wants to sell a car today?" when they walk into a dealer are generally understood in the industry as customers to run away from. Don't be that guy, especially not with the 392 launch.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
The code that most dealerships don’t live by. Basic principles of business economics favor the dealer and their business strategies, especially when it comes to the 392: hot commodity, ridiculous demand and extremely scarce supply/allocation. The goods will go to whoever is willing to pay top dollar only.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
"What dealer wants my business" or people that say "Who wants to sell a car today?" when they walk into a dealer are generally understood in the industry as customers to run away from. Don't be that guy, especially not with the 392 launch.
Truth!

Replace car with _____ (retail good) and the sentiment still holds true anywhere else goods are sold. Most people don’t want to serve or service THAT customer.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. There are some good dealers out there not looking to take their buyers to the shed. But as I have said before, the buyer will need to do the leg-work to find that good dealer!
I agree with this but it's also give and take. I think you will find a lot of dealers that are willing to sell it without ADMs -- but they also might not give it to you below sticker in this case. That doesn't mean they are not a 'good' dealer. Also, different dealerships have different business models on how they profit from sales.

There has only been a single car in history that I have ever paid an ADM on -- and that was a '13 Boss 302. The dealership was awesome, and their ADM was reasonable ($2500) given the market at that moment. And I couldn't have done better without a lot of hassle that, probably would have cost more than $2500 anyway when factoring time spent, shipping costs, etc. I owned it three years and sold it for like $6k less than I paid. Zero regrets.

I guess overall just because a dealer is charging an ADM doesn't mean they're a crap dealership, but I would say that more often than not, they are. That's been my experience. YMMV. Also, manufacturer makes a difference. Porsche was downright AWFUL from 2013-2017. Consumers complained. Porsche reacted slowly but it's easier now.
Sponsored

Last edited: