I'm thinking of trading to a Bronco

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
Mine is MY2021 so it should have the new one.
So I wasn’t crazy about the way my 21 JLR was driving especially on the highway like stated. I dropped my psi down to 34, it drove better but still not great. Today however, did a chalk test along with having my pressure gauge handy. End up at 30 psi on the gauge & 31 on the vehicles tpms. Well, Jeep is driving great now, Like a $50k + vehicle should! I am Contemplating To even order the LCA”s anymore… Do a chalk test, google it if need be. Then report back. Made a world of difference to my Rubi.
Sponsored

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
Also, not sure how many miles you have? I just clocked 2000 which I believe helps also smooth out the AT”s a bit. Hope this helps ^^^^^^

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
So I wasn’t crazy about the way my 21 JLR was driving especially on the highway like stated. I dropped my psi down to 34, it drove better but still not great. Today however, did a chalk test along with having my pressure gauge handy. End up at 30 psi on the gauge & 31 on the vehicles tpms. Well, Jeep is driving great now, Like a $50k + vehicle should! I am Contemplating To even order the LCA”s anymore… Do a chalk test, google it if need be. Then report back. Made a world of difference to my Rubi.
@dshark1

In Florida, during the Summer I run 31 psi on my 2 dr Rubi. In the Florida, Winter months, I run 32 psi.

IF, I'm in NY in the Winter, I run 34 psi.. Cold temps will cause low pressure reading/Evic message on very very cold mornings if I run less the 34# psi.

I adjust psi, early in the morning before the Sun starts doing it deed.

Yes, tire pressure does make a huge ,difference ....

Something else that you can do that really makes a difference so to speak in regard to the "tracking" / wandering, is to telescope the steering wheel more toward you.... adjust the steering wheel towards you so you have a bend in your arms when you are steering.

IF you are reaching you are gonna get arm relaxation / fatigue and with that you end up causing the JL to wander unnecessarily.

Yes, the JL does have a telescoping steering wheel. Many JL owner's do not realize this or have the JL for months before they realize this.

el_guapo

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Dodge Viper, JLU 392
Great, now google ads thinks I'm interested in a Bronco...

Jeep Wrangler JL I'm thinking of trading to a Bronco 1627922773799

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
Owned two TJ’s quite awhile ago, and have been driving Ford Taurus’s and Ford Edge’s for the past 15 years. Those vehicles drove like you were on rails and only required a fingertip to keep them straight. Just got my 2021 Willys about a month ago and my first drive on the highway was like “Ohhhh…..I remember this!” The jeep wanders from one side of the lane to the other and requires constant input from me to keep it between the lines..at least compare to the Fords I’ve owned. I don’t mind it so much, at least I don’t get lulled into a false sense of security. :) I’m sure with time it’s something I won’t even think about or even notice..
I got the steering box replaced under the TSB and my 2019 JLUR drives amazing now. All stock to date. I can drive with a single finger with no issues. All the wandering is gone and the steering feel is so much tighter. It isn't like my wife's new Mustang convertible, but it sure is a lot closer than when I first got the vehicle. I am planning on doing a MetalCloak 2.5 or 3.5" when I go to 35s in a couple months. I will also upgrade my tie rod and drag link to steer smarts or synergy.

Sponsored

jamesj242003

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 1998 Mercedes ML320, 1998 BMW 528iA, 2002 BMW 325xi
Basically, I got mine six weeks ago and I could hardly keep it in a straight line, and requires constant correction. Lowering the tire pressure made a HUGE difference, however, I still have some wandering and I made an appointment to get it checked at the dealership.

I took my jeep to the dealership on Monday and they got back to me by noon saying, the alignment is spot on and everything checked out, it is a "jeep thing". I sent them the video below saying it drifts heavily to the right and asked to be tested at a higher speed. No manager wanted to drive it on a highway and it sat there for two days. Finally, today, I got a text saying it drives like a 2 doors wrangler, please come and pick it up. This is ridiculous for a $53k vehicle. I got an offer by Caemax of $6k less than what I have paid for including taxes which I can itemize at the end of the tax year. I do not know if I'm jumping off a sinking ship or making a mistake.

jamesj242003

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 1998 Mercedes ML320, 1998 BMW 528iA, 2002 BMW 325xi
Basically, I got mine six weeks ago and I could hardly keep it in a straight line, and requires constant correction. Lowering the tire pressure made a HUGE difference, however, I still have some wandering and I made an appointment to get it checked at the dealership.

I took my jeep to the dealership on Monday and they got back to me by noon saying, the alignment is spot on and everything checked out, it is a "jeep thing". I sent them the video below saying it drifts heavily to the right and asked to be tested at a higher speed. No manager wanted to drive it on a highway and it sat there for two days. Finally, today, I got a text saying it drives like a 2 doors wrangler, please come and pick it up. This is ridiculous for a $53k vehicle. I got an offer by Caemax of $6k less than what I have paid for including taxes which I can itemize at the end of the tax year. I do not know if I'm jumping off a sinking ship or making a mistake.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a fully loaded 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (4 door) ordered from the factory 2 years ago. The high tire pressure when I picked it up from the dealership (44 psig) resulted in a quite a bit of drifting. Several Wrangler owners on this forum suggested that the new tires also had to broken in for several hundred miles before the drifting would stop. After reducing the tire pressure down to 35 psig cold and putting in about 400 miles on my Jeep tires, the drifting indeed stopped. The vehicle has driven perfectly ever since.

emgeesea

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys
Vehicle Showcase
swap your lower control arms to give you more caster. it will drive more like you want it to.

Part number 68322798AA

Easier than buying a new vehicle.
When you say, "swap your lower control arms," what exactly do you mean? (I.e., do you mean swap left to right?) --The part number you provided is the Mopar OEM lower control arm, so I'm assuminmg you don't mean buy this part and replace your OEM control arm with it.

Please clarify, as it seems you are on to something here, but I don't quite understand what is intended.

Thanks,

AMKRubicon610

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR 6 SPD
Occupation
CPA
When you say, "swap your lower control arms," what exactly do you mean? (I.e., do you mean swap left to right?) --The part number you provided is the Mopar OEM lower control arm, so I'm assuminmg you don't mean buy this part and replace your OEM control arm with it.

Please clarify, as it seems you are on to something here, but I don't quite understand what is intended.

Thanks,
Nah he means buy two of those mopar lca’s and replace you oem ones, they’re different

Sponsored

emgeesea

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys
Vehicle Showcase
Nah he means buy two of those mopar lca’s and replace you oem ones, they’re different
Ah, yes...the Mopar 68322798AA control arms are longer than the OEM factory control arms (since they are typically used with lift kits), so by installing them on an unlifted JL the effect will be to increase positive caster, i.e., the longer length will push the wheels farther forward, and that provides more stability to the front end and reduces the wandering at highway speeds.

Have I got it right?

FJL40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2dr 6spd
As much as the media wants to hype the Bronco as a “Jeep Killer”, it isn’t. The size, mechanicals, quality materials, etc… aren’t really on the same level. It has locking differentials so that makes it a “Rubicon Killer”???? Yeah…no! The Jeep is a purpose built vehicle, and the Bronco is a capable SUV. There is a difference. In terms of reliability, if you think Jeeps are unreliable….you don’t want to experience “Ford Built Tough” reliability.

maxmxa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
My advise is even if you really want to trade into a Bronco, wait. Don't do it any earlier than a couple of years. Right now, there are many quality control issues and bugs that need to be fixed on the Bronco. Also, you'll be paying top dollar for a Bronco not because it's a great SUV, but because it's new and everybody seems to want one.
Jeep won't loose much on its resale value in a couple of years, but the Bronco will be made cheaper with rebates and other deals once the hype is gone and things settle down.
Just enjoy the Jeep and wait to see how the Bronco actually turns out after real people have owned them and used them.

BagPipesActual

First Name
BagPipes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Sahara ..2021 JL Rubicon (Ordered)
I agree with most everyone here. I get you're frustrated.

If you are going to trade anyway, Id go with a TRD Off Road 4 Runner before I went with the Bronco. Not trying to cast any shade on the Bronco, I'm glad they're back and think they'll improve year over year and drive innovation across both brands which is a good thing for all of us. If I couldn't have a Jeep, Id be on the Yota boat until the Bronco has had some time to iron out the kinks ....Capable off road and good on road manners and a track record for reliability ...and they're actually available .....just my two cents.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
all of you lowering the tire pressure to like 30 and even lower. You dont care about tread life?
Sponsored