I'm thinking of trading to a Bronco

Bulletbill

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I test drove a 4 door badlands Bronco tonight and I can tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt that it tracks straight down the road and there is little to no correction needed.

It was odd though, I didn’t enjoy the drive. It felt like a taller version of my wife’s Honda Pilot which is great but not much fun.

The open air experience for the passengers was awesome without the crossbar. Because it was a test drive I couldn’t assess how not having the sound bar behind your head affected the sound system.

I didn’t care for the soft top and would only consider the Bronco with the hard top. On the test drive it sagged into the rear seat area blocking the view of my wife and daughters.

As I was driving East with the setting sun behind me I couldn’t see the digital dash. It was completely washed out. The 12” audio screen was very nice and crisp though. Can’t say I wouldn’t mind seeing it in the JL.

The doors were larger, but felt flimsy and the auto drop windows caught on the weather stripping every time it was opened. Some interior elements felt nicer than the JL and some like the top of the dash felt awful.

All the Offroad goodies were comparable to the JLUR with the exception of trail turn assist which felt weird, but was fun when you gassed it because it made doing doughnuts easy if you’re into that sort of thing.

I’d say if you’re having this much trouble with your Jeep it would probably be worth test driving the Bronco. Unless you reserved yours on day one you probably won’t be able to get one till sometime in the end of MY22.

As a parting comment, I think someone else mentioned that the Bronco is an on road car that is capable off road and the Jeep is an off-road vehicle that is capable on road. Similar animals for people with different needs. But the Jeep still shines in a lot of areas. Just ask the Ford employee who came running out of the dealership while my Jeep was parked next to the Bronco and kept gushing about how beautiful my Jeep was.
Sponsored

Last edited:

T Town

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
I would like to thank anyone who took the time and energy to help out and reply to the post. I will try few things this weekend and hopefully, it will work out.

I'm just amazed by the number of people who were able to cast a judgment about my lifestyle, preferences, hobbies, and intentions from one post. If you get offended by a vehicle make or model, you have to get your priorities straight in this beautiful life.
Thumbs up on this one. Why are people so full of judgement these days?

JDub11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl 2012jk
I was talking about test driving the jeep before you bought it, and then decided you didn't like how it drove. I'm judging you on how you titled this post. It was not meant to ask for help on your steering problems. It was ment to start shit.

yotajeeper

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 1996 toyota4runner
Now try driving with a 4 inch lift 37s no sway bar links and no steering stabilizer!

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport
I'm not offended by your choice, you just have to remember how Found Off Road Dead ,works!
Found Off Road Dead, did not build the Bronco for twenty years, while Jeep has been going eighty years, so I know the parts will be found.
Oh! Yeah, chip shortage!

Sponsored

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
This may sound strange but I usually drive the wrangler with just one hand on top vs two hand grip and there’s a difference (also have the 2018 with the newest gearbox). Not sure if it’s just my imagination but if not so already worth a try

aro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I never drove a Bronco, but its driving characteristics on pavement must be much better than the Jeep's. I don't see how that wouldn't be the case. I also struggle with Jeep's quirks on the road to the point where I drive my wife's car a lot.

However... the Bronco is ugly. I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder. When I look at a Bronco I see an oversized Honda Element for some reason. But then, plenty people found the Element beautiful enough to actually pay to own one...

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
Also have to factor Bronco has IFS vs Jeep's Solid Axle Setup.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
I've driven a Jeep for 25 years and can say that's it's been easy one-handed driving even at 85 to 90 mph in Texas in a TJ or a JL (I skipped the JK). Now in my lifted '83 CJ or stock '75, it's an ass-puckerer above 55mph. I like to feel the road thru the steering, though, and never liked the 4-Runner or GMC family of SUVs as they tend to have vague, mushy steering due to the IFS. I guess it's whatever you're used to driving. Best to try leaving about half the steering inputs out when driving a Jeep and just let it wander around a little. Part of the 'Jeep experience' in my opinion.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
I would like to thank anyone who took the time and energy to help out and reply to the post. I will try few things this weekend and hopefully, it will work out.

I'm just amazed by the number of people who were able to cast a judgment about my lifestyle, preferences, hobbies, and intentions from one post. If you get offended by a vehicle make or model, you have to get your priorities straight in this beautiful life.
Amazing, isn't it? You should buy a 4xe and see all the pre-conceived notions all your fellow Jeep "friends" come up with. It got so bad, the administrators had to put us in a separate forum. I, personally, think it's jealousy over all the hp and torque, but who knows?

Sponsored

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
…. I'm just amazed by the number of people who were able to cast a judgment about my lifestyle, preferences, hobbies, and intentions from one post.…
:) As they say, opinions are like @ssholes, everybody has one (and some only share their opinions with a little grumpiness). Some folks are easily offended too.. #snowflake. :LOL: Most folks on this forum are happy to help. That’ generosity and kindness are true of the Jeep community in general.

I don’t know any great 4x4 shops in your part of California, though I’m sure there are some. If you’re in need of a vacation, and you don’t mind a drive, there’s a fantastic Jeep shop in Glenwood Springs, Colorado called “Lyft Offroad”. They do a lot of work for billionaire Aspen-types, but they help normal folks too, and they really know their stuff. The business is owned by a neat husband and wife team — super nice with cute kids and a gift for all things 4 x4. Give’ em a call. Your Jeep will leave their shop driving like a dream, and then you can check out some of the country’s most beautiful trails!

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport
If you really like the Jeep try a few things to get it right. If you don't feel like dealing with it and can get a bronco and want a bronco go for it! It's all about what makes you happy and what you like!

I do like the look of the two door bronco myself, but I am in love with the Wrangler. I've dealt with some issues myself and worked to get them straightened out so that I can enjoy my Jeep again. Sucks when things aren't working right for you, but when they are there isn't a ride in the road that I would prefer. Lambo shambo, if I had that kind of money I would just buy a bunch of wranglers instead.

Go test drive the bronco. Maybe it's off road capabilities are good enough for you. At the end of the day it's your money and choice. There is a bronco forum out there with tons of guys thay will tell you that you made the right choice too.

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
If you really like the Jeep try a few things to get it right. If you don't feel like dealing with it and can get a bronco and want a bronco go for it! It's all about what makes you happy and what you like!
Absolutely right.

I got my first chance to sit in a Bronco last week. I ducked into the Ford dealer because I thought there was a new Raptor in stock, and I wanted to see it. One of the lot-lizards was on me immediately, but a little open field running got me into the showroom where I found a topless blue Bronco. According to the salesman, it was a “demo” which was already sold to somebody who was willing to take it as soon as the dealership had the next demo ready for service. He said they’re now more than 18 months out on Bronco orders. (As always, I take lot-lizard claims with a pound of salt, but I do believe current demand vastly exceeds supply.)

You can buy a Bronco tomorrow if you wish, but you’re going to pay a ridiculous amount of money to do it. Or you could have more fun, spend less money, and end up with something that’s uniquely you by making the tweaks you need to convert your current Jeep into exactly what you want. The modification process is lots of fun and this community can help you make it happen! :like:

Boogey

First Name
Rami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S 2021
Basically, I got mine six weeks ago and I could hardly keep it in a straight line, and requires constant correction. Lowering the tire pressure made a HUGE difference, however, I still have some wandering and I made an appointment to get it checked at the dealership.

I took my jeep to the dealership on Monday and they got back to me by noon saying, the alignment is spot on and everything checked out, it is a "jeep thing". I sent them the video below saying it drifts heavily to the right and asked to be tested at a higher speed. No manager wanted to drive it on a highway and it sat there for two days. Finally, today, I got a text saying it drives like a 2 doors wrangler, please come and pick it up. This is ridiculous for a $53k vehicle. I got an offer by Caemax of $6k less than what I have paid for including taxes which I can itemize at the end of the tax year. I do not know if I'm jumping off a sinking ship or making a mistake.

I had the 21 JLUS, had to lower pressure to 33, installed General grabber 285's and argued with my dealer a few times for them to do a re alignment to get it to drive straight.The gap was still there though, slightly but it eventually drove straight. It is a combination of a multitude of fuckups from the solid axles , to Rubis vs No rubis (height etc..) there is no end to what could always keep this happening.
It is not right for a consumer to have to install aftermarket stabilizers and other items to get a vehicle to drive straight. This is a fact.That is the whole purpose of a car, to be driven. CORRECTLY.

I cannot comment on your choice of switching but i did consider it myself for a Bronco , at least it is a Ford and the reliability is and expertise is there (not like its a new car manufacturer that just decided to build a car)

Try to find solutions if not , then make a choice.

I eventually Sold my 21 JLUS even though it had no issues at all (just some apple car play random static driving me mad) Everything else was perfect and i loved my Jeep.

I sold it cuz i got good money for it and i got something better for my needs.
Yes , I got a '21 4runner TRD offroad premium with KDSS and all the bells and whistles
More space, more comfort, MOAR RELIABILTY,Fully LOADED and less money.
Not ever hating on wranglers!That was my choice, my needs.
Do what you feel is right for you.
That worked for me, do what works for you.

Monster1926

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Silverado 2500HD midnight
I reserved a bronco 7/13/2020 after the reveal. I snagged a first edition. Until recently I was fully committed. That is until I drove the 2.7 V6. Ford screwed up pretty bad with it. In the F-150 it’s pretty good plenty of power not so much in a bronco. It’s factory rated with 330HP 400tq. The real issue is the 10R60 transmission. It’s rated for maximum 420ish tq. I fully planned to do a tune intake and exhaust off the bat but tuning it over the trans rating leaves me with reliability questions. So Thursday July 27th I ordered a 392 wrangler got my vin a day later. Ford really did a great job with the design. The interior materials/colors and powertrains those people in charge of those depts should go work for Yugo.
Sponsored