Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
LOL :CWL:
I was not aware of the reply time-frame policy 😝. It has not been 24 hrs since I published the post and have been at work all day.

I'm THANKFUL to each and everyone of you. I will go over the replies this evenning in detail.
I’ll sum it up for you... get longer lcas and enjoy your Jeep.......;)
Sponsored

MT1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima
It's not improper caster; it is just that more caster sorts out a lot of the tracking issues particularly in the Rubicons that come with more lift.

It will be interesting to see what the XR package does or perhaps it will drive even worse ;)

But even a Jeep with 6 to 6.5 degrees of caster will not please everyone in how it drives but that is the trade off to be able to tackle the sorts of off road terrain it can. If you never take it off road it's the wrong choice for a highway cruiser as you are getting no return for the trade offs.
I should of stated I was talking about the Rubicon specifically. Is it not improper caster though? I might be mistaken but did they not take into consideration the height difference between the Rubicon and other models? If I’m correct, that is a very poor oversight. I do completely agree though, a Wrangler is not for everyone, especially as a daily.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Agree. Pristine FEs will be worth big dollars someday. Crazy that you could get a reservation and the dealer still could play pricing games, but I guess that is the market we are in. Nice to have a good dealer to deal with for sure. Separate note - hope you get axle taken care soon man :like:
Ford's are just a reservation. You are putting a small amount down to get one of the first order slots. The problem is the dealership/salesman in the middle (who takes your order so can't be avoided) still wants to cash in like they brought it in on their own dime and put it on the showroom floor. I completely get their desire to maximize their profit if it's their capital tied up but when I am doing a special order and they have zero tied up in the deal they can suck a goat dick.

On the other hand the FCA dealer was really open and honest with me on a 392 order and has earned my trust, and business, into the future. Until they put 6 quarts of oil into my JL again.....

I do think Tesla has the right model - direct factory order with transparent pricing and no dealer/sales crap in between.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I should of stated I was talking about the Rubicon specifically. Is it not improper caster though? I might be mistaken but did they not take into consideration the height difference between the Rubicon and other models? If I’m correct, that is a very poor oversight. I do completely agree though, a Wrangler is not for everyone, especially as a daily.
We got no clue why they did what they did. And considering they make a 1/4 inch longer LCA that is identical to the factory ones why they have not swapped to that part for the Rubi's or all JL's is a mystery that likely will never be solved.... The cost for an extra 1/4 inch of steel tube is about zero.

Sponsored

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
I put the Mopar LCAs on my ‘19 JLR and they helped the wandering (the caster was 6.0). I put adjustable LCAs on my ‘20 and got the caster to ~7*. MUCH better.

Get the adjustable LCAs if you have a Rubicon. They are worth the money.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
I have a 21 JLUR and have not had this issue yet. Does it happen at a particular speed, I mostly drive on roads that are 55mph or slower? My previous vehicle was a Tundra which was better on road than the Jeep, but not by much. I am not doubting you in any way, just that I keep reading about this and am not sure If I got lucky or if there is some sort of time pd when this happens.
The short wheelbase of the 2 door makes the steering/ handling much twitchier than the 4 door.

OP
OP
Rubidoc

Rubidoc

First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Have you tried the same stretch of road at the same speed with a different car to see if the same occurs? Roads have a slope to them so that water will not pool. I notice my vehicles follow the slope as well.

How is the tire pressure?
It always pulls to the right, no matter what, and is more noticeable at higher speeds. Tire pressure is at 37 psi.

OP
OP
Rubidoc

Rubidoc

First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Put a Fox or a Bilstein steerig stabilizer on it and you are done. Same thing happened to me. The stock stabilizer is a real piece of junk.
Thanks! I will look into that.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rubidoc

Rubidoc

First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Is yours a 21 MY? If not, you will want the TSB to replace the aluminum steering box with the newer cast iron unit-this is very important if you have a pull/drift to one side. Also as has been already been mentioned, installing either the Mopar lift front lower control arms or adjustable aftermarket LCA's will increase positive caster and definitely improve directional stability / tracking.
It is 21. I will go with the Mopar lift front lower control arms.

OP
OP
Rubidoc

Rubidoc

First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
While the other posts may be valid it's important to know that a Jeep Wrangler is not a highway vehicle. It can go on the highway but that's not it's wheelhouse. To truly appreciate the JL's highway handling, drive an older Jeep. Driving a YJ on the highway was like walking an excited husky puppy. You can hold it to a general direction but it gonna try to go where it wants to go (which is all part of the fun). The JL is much, much more behaved on the highway than its predecessors. I know older Jeeps and I consider the JL to be rock solid. My wife is used to IFS cars and finds the JL very wandery. It's all about perspective.
I like how it drives on the highway and I can go to 75 mph with no problems. It is just the constant heavy pull to the right and the need to correct it.

OP
OP
Rubidoc

Rubidoc

First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I have a 21 JLUR and have not had this issue yet. Does it happen at a particular speed, I mostly drive on roads that are 55mph or slower? My previous vehicle was a Tundra which was better on road than the Jeep, but not by much. I am not doubting you in any way, just that I keep reading about this and am not sure If I got lucky or if there is some sort of time pd when this happens.
Well, I live in Arizona and it is more noticeable in hot temperatures and higher speeds.

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
It always pulls to the right, no matter what, and is more noticeable at higher speeds. Tire pressure is at 37 psi.
I wonder if one of your passenger side tires is defective? I’d be curious to see what would happen if you rotated your tires. Right front goes to left rear. Right rear goes to left front. Left rear goes to right front. And left front goes to right rear. (Sorry if you knew that ;) )
Sponsored