I'm thinking of trading to a Bronco

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr
Since you may end up taking a bath of thousands, might I suggest that you pay to have your local 4x4 specialty shop look at it? Unlike most, I have had a good experience with my Jeep dealer, but when it comes to items like suspension, I found they have a better understanding. This is not to knock the dealer, but most of them spend most of their time on non-Wranglers with different steering setups.

I had a steering issue and they fixed it by tightening some bolts, making some adjustments and fixing the alignment. It did get better.

As for expectations, my last car of 11 years was a performance sedan that handled like it was on rails. There was an adjustment period, but you will get used to it (and even like how the Jeep drives).
Sponsored

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
While the other posts may be valid it's important to know that a Jeep Wrangler is not a highway vehicle. It can go on the highway but that's not it's wheelhouse. To truly appreciate the JL's highway handling, drive an older Jeep. Driving a YJ on the highway was like walking an excited husky puppy. You can hold it to a general direction but it gonna try to go where it wants to go (which is all part of the fun). The JL is much, much more behaved on the highway than its predecessors. I know older Jeeps and I consider the JL to be rock solid. My wife is used to IFS cars and finds the JL very wandery. It's all about perspective.
Honestly as a Bronco fanboy, I will completely confirm this. The JL is closer to a Bronco in ride quality than it is to the JK. Itā€™s so much better than the JK itā€™s almost on another planet.

BUT, the jk is horrible. So if youā€™re coming from something more civilized it makes sense that it would be a bit more of a handful.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Or heā€™s already at the ford dealership ....
Or his poor caster wandered him into a ditch somewhere???

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Adjustable LCAs all the way.. or the extended Mopar fixed ones. Take it to a real alignment shop. Get caster up to 6-7 degrees. Was magic on my 2018 JLU Rubicon that two dealerships were absolutely clueless about. So fun to drive now-straight down the freeway.

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

Did you ask to drive another 2 door Jeep to see if they all drive like this and it is just you? To me that would make the most sense. Then you would know if there was something different about yours.

I don't mean that to sound harsh, but I really see a lot of people coming over from much different types of vehicles surprised that the JL does not drive like a sports car. These are literally lifted bricks. Even though they have come a long way, they require a bit more attention while driving. Even the early JL's with the bad steering box drove better than the TJ. My TJ drove a hell of a lot better than my CJ on the freeway.

If you are never going to go off road, then by all means, go buy a Bronco. The independent suspension will probably be better on road. For me and many on this forum, we are die hard Jeep people. No matter how good the Bronco is, I will never buy one. Just like there are die hard Bronco people that would never buy a Jeep. I don't hate Bronco's or their drivers at all. I just don't get point of posting on here that they are dumping their Jeeps for Bronco's or made a mistake buying the JL. Fair weather fans for sure.

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Honestly as a Bronco fanboy, I will completely confirm this. The JL is closer to a Bronco in ride quality than it is to the JK. Itā€™s so much better than the JK itā€™s almost on another planet.

BUT, the jk is horrible. So if youā€™re coming from something more civilized it makes sense that it would be a bit more of a handful.
The YJ had front leaf springs. It was an adventure on the highway.

Sponsored

MT1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima
This is the answer. Youā€™ll be amazed by the difference.
You are correct but how sad is it that you are buying a 50+k vehicle with improper caster. In addition, like many have said about lowering tire pressure, correct. But again, that their own tire pressure recommendations seem to very often cause poor tracking. Itā€™s really crazy when you think about it.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
If he doesnā€™t want to wait he can pick up the first edition in Dallas. They just reduced the price. Hahaha

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/337346264524646/

Jeep Wrangler JL I'm thinking of trading to a Bronco 7E2A02C0-4B46-4A5A-BE24-92361A91C531
Sadly in about 20 years any pristine FE Bronco's will probably be worth that price......

I did have a "reservation" on one but let it go once the dealer price gouging games began, and pictures showing how big it really was.

The FCA dealer doesn't play those games with me which is part of what keeps me loyal to Jeep.

OP
OP
Rubidoc

Rubidoc

First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The signs of a successful hit-and-run trolling.
LOL :CWL:
I was not aware of the reply time-frame policy šŸ˜. It has not been 24 hrs since I published the post and have been at work all day.

I'm THANKFUL to each and everyone of you. I will go over the replies this evenning in detail.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
You are correct but how sad is it that you are buying a 50+k vehicle with improper caster. In addition, like many have said about lowering tire pressure, correct. But again, that their own tire pressure recommendations seem to very often cause poor tracking. Itā€™s really crazy when you think about it.
It's not improper caster; it is just that more caster sorts out a lot of the tracking issues particularly in the Rubicons that come with more lift.

It will be interesting to see what the XR package does or perhaps it will drive even worse ;)

But even a Jeep with 6 to 6.5 degrees of caster will not please everyone in how it drives but that is the trade off to be able to tackle the sorts of off road terrain it can. If you never take it off road it's the wrong choice for a highway cruiser as you are getting no return for the trade offs.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Sadly in about 20 years any pristine FE Bronco's will probably be worth that price......

I did have a "reservation" on one but let it go once the dealer price gouging games began, and pictures showing how big it really was.

The FCA dealer doesn't play those games with me which is part of what keeps me loyal to Jeep.
Agree. Pristine FEs will be worth big dollars someday. Crazy that you could get a reservation and the dealer still could play pricing games, but I guess that is the market we are in. Nice to have a good dealer to deal with for sure. Separate note - hope you get axle taken care soon man :like:
Sponsored