First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I have the same problem with my 21 JLUR. Some of the first responses on this topic suggest swapping out the steering stabilizer which solved the problem... Is this something you can do without a lift? meaning at home in garage, Jeep on the ground changing the part... I dont have a lift to jack up the Jeep. thanks
Sure, can be done anywhere with some basic hand tools. Lots of you-tube videos on how to do it.
Sponsored

Tellurian

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Wrangler JLUR Ocean Blue (MT); ‘20 Grand Cherokee White; ‘12 Volvo C30 (MT)
Occupation
Analyst
I think @Headbarcode said it best in another thread where he pointed out that [paraphrasing here] the Jeep is an off-road vehicle first and capable of on-road use second. The Bronco is an on-road vehicle first with what appears to be good off-road capability (reviews are still coming on the latter). The two companies are simply marketing to the same demographics from two different vantage points.

I won’t say you should keep the Jeep or buy something else because it comes down to what makes you comfortable, both on and off the road. Some people shrug off and/or improve features, others look elsewhere.

That said, how are thinking you’d trade in for a Bronco? If you were able to find one on a lot, the dealer markup on those would put it well past what you paid for your Jeep. If you ordered, you’d be late MY22 or 23 possibly from what I gather.

Also, what PSI are you running? My dealer had my rubi wheels at 42 when I brought it home and I was all over the place. Curious on how low you brought it down and from what.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
I have the same problem with my 21 JLUR. Some of the first responses on this topic suggest swapping out the steering stabilizer which solved the problem... Is this something you can do without a lift? meaning at home in garage, Jeep on the ground changing the part... I dont have a lift to jack up the Jeep. thanks
I swapped out both of mine in about 30 minutes on my 2 Sahara's, I used the Fox 2.0 Stabilizer. No jack needed. :)

Sponsored

dirtdigr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Basically, I got mine six weeks ago and I could hardly keep it in a straight line, and requires constant correction. Lowering the tire pressure made a HUGE difference, however, I still have some wandering and I made an appointment to get it checked at the dealership.

I took my jeep to the dealership on Monday and they got back to me by noon saying, the alignment is spot on and everything checked out, it is a "jeep thing". I sent them the video below saying it drifts heavily to the right and asked to be tested at a higher speed. No manager wanted to drive it on a highway and it sat there for two days. Finally, today, I got a text saying it drives like a 2 doors wrangler, please come and pick it up. This is ridiculous for a $53k vehicle. I got an offer by Caemax of $6k less than what I have paid for including taxes which I can itemize at the end of the tax year. I do not know if I'm jumping off a sinking ship or making a mistake.

Get the TSB done. If your dealership gives you any flack, find another, and/or get @JeepCares involved. Some of these dealers really SUCK!

Attachments

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
Do it show improvement?
It cured the Death Wobble on both. :) Then to get the wandering issue fixed, I had the Steering Box TSB's done (replaced with metal steering box).

davers

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Willy's Diesel 4 door Sarge Green
Occupation
Software Engineer
Last time I looked the Ford Taurus and Ford Edge didn't have a live axle in the front!!
Yes, I guess I wasn’t clear, I was sympathizing with the comments about wandering on the road, I listed the cars I used to own to show that I also understood what it meant to drive a car that didn’t wander.. I wasn’t trying to insinuate that the Taurus and Edge had a full axle up front and was therefore better.

Jeep’n Jay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
My '18 tracks straight as an arrow....most of the time. High winds it can suck sometimes. I have the aluminum box, no dead spot whatsoever, and every piece of the suspension is aftermarket. Castor is set at 6.2* and total toe at 18*. I have owned at least 12 Jeeps...I lost count, but I guess I am just used to it not steering like an IFS front end. I have no doubt Bronco would be good on the street, and I like the looks of the 2 door, but I am a hardcore Moab person and IFS just doesn't cut it there. For 80+% of the population I am sure IFS is just fine, but not for me.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
@Sophie66 steering stabilizer can help, but w/ Rubicons your caster is already on the low side, getting it to the 6 degree range helps a lot for high speed stability. Keeping it tracking straight at hwy speeds will make that $80 for the new LCAs a bargain!

PatrickR

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I've been down this path before, thinking I needed a stabilizer. LCAs were the answer, it handles on the highway like a normal car now. Best $80 I've spent on the Jeep.

Cazadores

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JK, 2017 JKU Sahara, 2020 Firecracker Willys,
While the other posts may be valid it's important to know that a Jeep Wrangler is not a highway vehicle. It can go on the highway but that's not it's wheelhouse. To truly appreciate the JL's highway handling, drive an older Jeep. Driving a YJ on the highway was like walking an excited husky puppy. You can hold it to a general direction but it gonna try to go where it wants to go (which is all part of the fun). The JL is much, much more behaved on the highway than its predecessors. I know older Jeeps and I consider the JL to be rock solid. My wife is used to IFS cars and finds the JL very wandery. It's all about perspective.
Excited husky puppy....lol 😆

Yeah, the JL is a refined sports car compared to my long lost CJ5. Regardless I do think the Bronco, with its wider stance and independent front is just always going to hit the highway in a more civilized manner. I like the Jeep for reasons, however a 2 door Bronco with a small, normally aspirated V8 might get my attention. The suggestions on here will do the trick though. Have fun with your JL, and give the Bronco a chance to mature, good bet you'll be better off in two years keeping the Jeep and trading it then rather than trying it now.

Besides, I think you're going to end up really enjoying your JL.