I'm impressed

dougywarren

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 4xe Sahara
Over the last several months I've been hankering for a new JLU. Never had one before but my long time best friend has been a massive Jeep nerd since I can remember. I've always been around them, all models, trailing, crawling, Camp Jeep, ect. I know what to expect. But what I didn't expect was the 4xe to impress me so much.

I was planning on picking up a High Altitude 2.0 this week, it fell through because the market is so awesome! I've researched so much on the 3.0, 2.0, and 4xe and ended up thinking the 2.0 was the best way to go. After all the videos I saw on the 4xe, it didn't prepare me for the actual drive. I got to drive one for the first time and I'm blown away. Previous to the drive I thought the 4xe this was Jeep's mediocre attempt at going green. The cost savings on fuel didn't seem to add up for the price. But after driving it I realized what Jeep was trying to do. They put the PHEV performance first, and the fuel economy benefits as more of an afterthought. I could not believe just how smooth, quiet, and pleasing of the drive it was. Even the top trim High Altitude 2.0 seemed, well, like any Wrangler in comparison. The 4xe felt like something new. Refined. Even, luxurious? The ride switching between the battery and gas was linear and seamless. In a fully capable Wrangler? Yes. I'm seriously impressed. You're not really paying the extra cost for fuel economy, but for a better all around Jeep. I get it now. I understand the 4xe is new, it's not without it's issues, and this particular hybrid setup will be outdated within 3-5 years. But wow. If this is where it's going, sign me up! Seriously, I just signed up and ordered a 4xe Sahara, black on tan leather, hard top, both safety groups, cold weather and tow package. I'm super excited. Except for the wait... I'm not excited about that
Sponsored

bossboy302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
I'm impressed that you're impressed. Me too. Wife has white/tan Sahara 4xe. She loves it! I like it too. Maybe the most refined Wrangler. Certainly complicated, and not without it's peculiarities. I've concluded that it makes most sense to set the button in "Hybrid" mode and then just drive it. Many (certainly not all) of the owners experiencing issues are those who try and manipulate the drivetrain to do this, that, or the other. Let the Jeep do its thing as designed-you will be rewarded.

OP
OP
dougywarren

dougywarren

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 4xe Sahara
I'm impressed that you're impressed. Me too. Wife has white/tan Sahara 4xe. She loves it! I like it too. Maybe the most refined Wrangler. Certainly complicated, and not without it's peculiarities. I've concluded that it makes most sense to set the button in "Hybrid" mode and then just drive it. Many (certainly not all) of the owners experiencing issues are those who try and manipulate the drivetrain to do this, that, or the other. Let the Jeep do its thing as designed-you will be rewarded.
Yep. That's the best way to put it. Took me a while to understand just exactly how complicated MPG is on this system. 49 MPGe and 22 mpg doesn't really mean what you would think it means. When people ask me the gas mileage I get, I'm going to say "it's complicated, but I plug it in as much as possible and drive on electric when I can." I'm now going into it with the idea it'll be on hybrid mode most the time and max regen when I feel like it, and just enjoy the nice drive.

bossboy302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Seems there are as many ways to compute mileage as there are Wrangler accessories.
That my wife has travelled 868 miles and consumed 10.5 gallons of gas thus far, well, that works for me.
Especially here with $5.00/gallon of 91....