Sponsored

I'm going to h-e double hockey sticks

Ybohannon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2008
I'm getting way to protective over this new toy. Sitting in a parking lot waiting to go to the gym. Watch this "blue hair" (I'm no spring chicken BTW, some may even call me old) getting out of her vehicle driven by her even older husband. It's lightly sprinkling but she has to have her umbrella so that she won't melt. Well, the first time she pops open her umbrella and it hits my roof, I do nothing. BUT when she comes back from the front door of the restaurant, after learning it's closed at 3:15 for dinner (guess they're seeking the really early bird special), she comes back with that damn umbrella and proceeds to hit my roof with that damn thing AGAIN. She's fumbling around trying to get it closed, still touching my roof with that damn thing. SO what does any sane person do? I start beating on the my window and pointing up. She looks up, sees that it's touching MY FREAKING ROOF, takes the umbrella and folds it, but I guess decides that keeping the FREAKING sprinkles off her hair is more important and puts it back up again. I probably gave her a mild heart attack with the beating on the window and the evil stare, but OMG, somebody bring her some meals on wheels.

Like I said, I'm probably going to hell for this one.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ybohannon

Ybohannon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2008
:devil:

I read your post before I looked at your location... I expected to see South FLORIDA, not Carolina!!!

:cwl:
We are not all Southern Belles here, believe me, and if you don't, just ask my husband. He has to put up with my craziness every day of his life.

JTopsUSA

First Name
Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jtopsusa.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKU 2014, Jeep JK 2015, Jeep JLU on order!
Occupation
Jeep® Wranger Soft Goods Manufacturer
Oh no.. I lived most of my life in South Florida and I am FAR from a Southern Belle, myself. ;)

JTopsUSA

First Name
Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jtopsusa.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKU 2014, Jeep JK 2015, Jeep JLU on order!
Occupation
Jeep® Wranger Soft Goods Manufacturer
I don’t care who you are, you don’t touch my car LOL. I’m probably going to hell, too :)
At least you know you won't be lonely and you'll have at least two of us Jeepers to keep you company! ;)

Sponsored

CashMonkey

First Name
Rolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grey 2009 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan 5SPDMT Black 2012 Nissan Altima 2.5SL Sedan 6SPDAT
Vehicle Showcase
See ya'll there, first rounds on me! :beer: lol

xpsruler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sport
Don't sweat it OP. You worked hard for your Jeep and have every right to be defensive over it. I've always learned to respect others vehicles regardless if they're a super car or a clunker.

And don't let people call you a crappy person. There's a difference between normal wear and tear as compared to umbrella drumming on your top.

dangerz

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Then you would have no problem with us going after your JL with an umbrella?
If it was raining and someone bumped against my jeep with their umbrella, no, I wouldn't be upset and say they need to get their meals on wheels. It's called being a decent and understanding person.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ybohannon

Ybohannon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2008
Don't sweat it OP. You worked hard for your Jeep and have every right to be defensive over it. I've always learned to respect others vehicles regardless if they're a super car or a clunker.

And don't let people call you a crappy person. There's a difference between normal wear and tear as compared to umbrella drumming on your top.
I thought I was making fun of myself, so, oh, well. I won't lose any sleep over someone else's opinion.

The great Dr. Seuss said, Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind.

albatross

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 1993 YJ
I recently had a discussion with a coworker about scratches on Jeeps. His thought was, 'whats the big deal? It's a Jeep....it's meant to be beat up.' I told him there's a difference between the dings and scratches I earn vs the ones inflicted by someone not paying attention to what they're doing. To sum it up, I dont blame you at all

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
I'm getting way to protective over this new toy. Sitting in a parking lot waiting to go to the gym. Watch this "blue hair" (I'm no spring chicken BTW, some may even call me old) getting out of her vehicle driven by her even older husband. It's lightly sprinkling but she has to have her umbrella so that she won't melt. Well, the first time she pops open her umbrella and it hits my roof, I do nothing. BUT when she comes back from the front door of the restaurant, after learning it's closed at 3:15 for dinner (guess they're seeking the really early bird special), she comes back with that damn umbrella and proceeds to hit my roof with that damn thing AGAIN. She's fumbling around trying to get it closed, still touching my roof with that damn thing. SO what does any sane person do? I start beating on the my window and pointing up. She looks up, sees that it's touching MY FREAKING ROOF, takes the umbrella and folds it, but I guess decides that keeping the FREAKING sprinkles off her hair is more important and puts it back up again. I probably gave her a mild heart attack with the beating on the window and the evil stare, but OMG, somebody bring her some meals on wheels.

Like I said, I'm probably going to hell for this one.
I'm with you, I was taking my daughter to the Docters office the other day : So we were a little early and were sitting in Ruby killing time, when a "Q-tip" (formerly referred to as a "Blue Hair") was pulling in the spot beside me, I look in the mirror and she is so freaking close to hitting me as she pulls in....... I wa screaming and honking the horn, my daughters like WTF! I'm like "this old hags gonna hit me". Well she didn't hit me, but before she could get out of her Buick, I backed out, moved over, and pulled back in again (huge parking spots, btw) because she was so close that there was no way she was getting out without hitting my rig! Now, I ask you what if I wasn't there......?
{At 70 years old, it should be mandatory to take the driving test.... again!} I know..... straight to hell,
oh wel!

OP
OP
Ybohannon

Ybohannon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2008
I'm with you, I was taking my daughter to the Docters office the other day : So we were a little early and were sitting in Ruby killing time, when a "Q-tip" (formerly referred to as a "Blue Hair") pulling in the spot beside me I look in mirror and she is so close to hitting me as she pulls in.. I'm screaming, my daughters like WTF. I'm like "this old hags gonna hit me" . Well she didn't hit me, but before she could get out, I backed out, moved over, and pulled back in again (huge parking spots, btw) because she was so close that there was no way she was getting out without hitting my rig! Now, I ask you what if I wasn't there......?
{At 70 years old, it should be mandatory to take the driving test.... again!} I know..... straight to hell,
oh wel!
you're right about mandatory testing. was at lowe's yesterday. waited for a car to pass by to cross the street to get back to my parked baby. started crossing behind him. next thing I know he slammed on brakes, threw it in reverse and came a couple inches from hitting me. I'd guess he was in his 80s and had no business driving. I'm thinking taxi cab for you, Uber, neighbor, and a few other choice words mumbled under my breath because he scared the bejeezus out of me. if i'd been one of those young whippersnappers texting and walking, I'd have scratched up the underside of his car pretty good.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
If it was raining and someone bumped against my jeep with their umbrella, no, I wouldn't be upset and say they need to get their meals on wheels. It's called being a decent and understanding person.
Well he didn’t say “you need to get your meals on wheels” to her. Just to us.
Sponsored