Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
Hello all!

I'm about ready to pull the trigger on finally lifting my Jeep JL 2018 Sahara. This is the first time I will be lifting a vehicle and adding bigger tires. I've done my research and have a good idea of what I want exactly. I am simply looking for the best deals given that this together all-around will be a big expense. Any savings or really reliable shops will help. I am located outside of Chicago, IL in Berwyn, IL.

Here is what I'm thinking of getting. If you know any shops or good websites, where I can purchase this at any discount or good promotions, please let me know!

-Mopar 2" Lift Kit
-Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35x12.50R17LT
-Black Rhino Barstow Wheels (black)
-Mopar Tailgate Reinforcement (or something as good but cheaper)

Thanks again,

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

Nikko2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR, '21 4R TRDP, '21 Supra, '13 LR4, '72 442
Vehicle Showcase
I'm looking for the same info as I just ordered my 2020 JLUR. Was looking at Wildside Customs in Naperville, but don't know anyone that has used them.

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
OP
OP
jlroman2

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
So far I only know of the 4 Wheel Parts store in Naperville.
1300 W. Ogden Avenue
Naperville, IL 60563

They have a sale where they are covering the taxes on all orders for the next day or two, I believe.

and a more local one closer to me.

Ace Tire & Wheel
7100 S HARLEM Ave
Bridgeview, IL, 60455

I've gotten my tints done here but that's about it.

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
Hello all!

I'm about ready to pull the trigger on finally lifting my Jeep JL 2018 Sahara. This is the first time I will be lifting a vehicle and adding bigger tires. I've done my research and have a good idea of what I want exactly. I am simply looking for the best deals given that this together all-around will be a big expense. Any savings or really reliable shops will help. I am located outside of Chicago, IL in Berwyn, IL.

Here is what I'm thinking of getting. If you know any shops or good websites, where I can purchase this at any discount or good promotions, please let me know!

-Mopar 2" Lift Kit

Thanks again,

Same tire I am considering... between the 35" and 37".

Sponsored

OP
OP
jlroman2

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
Same tire I am considering... between the 35" and 37".
You should definitely go with the 37s. Will give your Rubi a much beefier look. I'm thinking 37s down the road, but for now because I use it as my daily driver and not planning on regearing any time soon, I'll stay with 35s.

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
You should definitely go with the 37s. Will give your Rubi a much beefier look. I'm thinking 37s down the road, but for now because I use it as my daily driver and not planning on regearing any time soon, I'll stay with 35s.
Yeah... I just saw one today while out for lunch that had some 37"s. That seems to be THE look I am wanting! With my 2020 JLRU, I would just need a 2-3" lift for the 37"s to be probably 95% functional. I don't see myself out doing some major rock crawling, but you never know, right?

Several have posted here that with the 8 spd. auto and the 3.6 V6, there was no need to regear with 37's on the Rubicon with the 4.10 gears.

Now the biggest question... what type of 2-3" lift to go with and how much $$$???

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Maybe @RubiRob can give some insight. He is near you and went down a similar build path and I bet could give some great feedback

Brett

OP
OP
jlroman2

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah... I just saw one today while out for lunch that had some 37"s. That seems to be THE look I am wanting! With my 2020 JLRU, I would just need a 2-3" lift for the 37"s to be probably 95% functional. I don't see myself out doing some major rock crawling, but you never know, right?

Several have posted here that with the 8 spd. auto and the 3.6 V6, there was no need to regear with 37's on the Rubicon with the 4.10 gears.

Now the biggest question... what type of 2-3" lift to go with and how much $$$???
yup. you're right. Sometimes the thought of trading for a Rubicon goes through my head but then I smack myself and I forget about it. I initially wanted the Ocean Blue but my inpatient a** couldn't wait a couple more months. Also, the thought of buying a Rubi never went through my head, but now two years later, I kinda regret not opting in for one. Oh well. I plan on keeping this one till it dies out, but my next Wrangler will definitely be a Rubi.

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
yup. you're right. Sometimes the thought of trading for a Rubicon goes through my head but then I smack myself and I forget about it. I initially wanted the Ocean Blue but my inpatient a** couldn't wait a couple more months. Also, the thought of buying a Rubi never went through my head, but now two years later, I kinda regret not opting in for one. Oh well. I plan on keeping this one till it dies out, but my next Wrangler will definitely be a Rubi.
:rock:

Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Attitude probably has the best reputation but I hear that they can be difficult to reach. Also pricey.

Wildside is very expensive as well. I asked them about a regear and it was about triple what I paid elsewhere.

Last edited:

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
Hello all!

-Mopar 2" Lift Kit

Thanks again,

Try northridge4x4 I think they had a discount code litebrite and sharktank that worked for me few weeks ago.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe @RubiRob can give some insight. He is near you and went down a similar build path and I bet could give some great feedback

Brett
I'm honestly not personally familiar with any of them other than 4wp. JFB Offroad is a new shop that had some pretty good buzz around it. Another one is CPW truck stuff.

Nikko2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR, '21 4R TRDP, '21 Supra, '13 LR4, '72 442
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like Chitown is a Toyota place? They don't mention Jeep anywhere on the website …
Sponsored