First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport
How about this?
"It's impossible to upgrade your radio."
But thankfully I found info (@MORTON :like: helped me) and a YouTube video that shows yes you can order it from infotainment and it's really pretty easy to install. My dealer still tells me it's impossible:headbang:
I still can't believe they are so stubborn on this! I hate this 5" uconnect that the Sport comes with. Dealer says "the computer" won't let them do an upgrade. @GreyFox I've been thinking about ordering from Infotainment, its just that the up-charge is pretty steep. You were pretty happy with the whole process of ordering from them and installing?
Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I still can't believe they are so stubborn on this! I hate this 5" uconnect that the Sport comes with. Dealer says "the computer" won't let them do an upgrade. @GreyFox I've been thinking about ordering from Infotainment, its just that the up-charge is pretty steep. You were pretty happy with the whole process of ordering from them and installing?
I have NOT ordered it yet. Unfortunately, we just went thru a tornado so my finances took a hit. But everyone is ok :like: I am planning on doing this in the fall. I'm getting info from a fellow member about adding it to the VIN so I get the updates. My dealer (I can't imagine anyways) will not do that since they claim it's impossible. I'll try another dealer and see what line of shit they give me lol.

chicoricopico

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport
I have NOT ordered it yet. Unfortunately, we just went thru a tornado so my finances took a hit. But everyone is ok :like: I am planning on doing this in the fall. I'm getting info from a fellow member about adding it to the VIN so I get the updates. My dealer (I can't imagine anyways) will not do that since they claim it's impossible. I'll try another dealer and see what line of shit they give me lol.
Oh no, sorry to hear about the tornado. Hope everyone is ok :whew:. Dealer and FCA continue to stonewall me on getting the upgrade through Mopar :no: I will continue to look into the upgrade from infotainment and let you know if I pull the trigger and have success.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Oh no, sorry to hear about the tornado. Hope everyone is ok :whew:. Dealer and FCA continue to stonewall me on getting the upgrade through Mopar :no: I will continue to look into the upgrade from infotainment and let you know if I pull the trigger and have success.
Thanks! Yes material things can be replaced:like: ... But apparently, this video I posted shows a 4 digit code that allows you to get updates from my understanding.

Edit: check out the technical section of the forum. It's under upgrading from 5"...

Beach Jeeper

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
The dealer where I purchased my JLU definitely earns an ignorant award. They tried selling me a 3 year oil change package. I informed them that the first four changes are included with the Jeep Wave program. They insisted I was wrong. I guess they thought I was born yesterday...
Sponsored