Sponsored

If you were going to buy a sporty car for your wife?

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
Some back ground. She has zero chill. I like.....love the CTS-V caddy. She is not a fast sedan kind of girl. I would even like a Subura WRX. For instance, her motorcycle was a Z-10 Ninja and a !250 Bandit. She has been 160+ mph on a motorcycle many times. So 160+ in a car will be mild for her.

She also wants a Hemi in the Jeep or a add on supercharger, she wants a full on rock crawler, (I would buy her that right now, but we live in Michigan and we have no rocks to crawl on), or an Ultra 4 buggy. Those things may happen if we move to Utah in retirement.

I am sure that when I buy her a fast car, she will probably do some track days with it. I push her to the convertible as that is what I like. When I look at a vette, I know that if I don't buy something like a ZO7 and buy a milder version, that I will be enlisting the help of my bud Bill who builds 7 second drag cars to wrench on it and make it faster. So I might as well just bite the bullet and buy it fast out of the gate.
Apparently some C8’s are making to dealers; just saw this in Barstow, CA:

Jeep Wrangler JL If you were going to buy a sporty car for your wife? B1DBE91F-06FD-4CDA-A310-721545B3B5EF
my buddy sent me a pic of his new on a few months ago. grant it the picture was a year late. lol. he is wicked pleased. he was coming from a Nissan gto that was well over 150k. he said he had to give up a few options here and there to get it sooner. I guess chevy had aftermarket companies pull out during covid so he has some work to still do on it before he can race again.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Jeep Wrangler JL If you were going to buy a sporty car for your wife? Screen Shot 2021-07-16 at 8.59.20 AM

This is a Factory Five. There are a LOT of them for sale in the $50K range. I saw a few at car shows. Most are hardly driven and in perfect condition.

Last edited: