Sponsored

If you were going to buy a sporty car for your wife?

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
No, and the first time she stuck me with one of the payments, I nipped that right in the bud.

Hey, I'd like to emphasize that I'm in no way trying to pour cold water on the OP's happy quest. I was just thinking back about that stupid Mustang, and I blurted out a snarky observation about my life without thinking about the context.
Yeah...that gave me some PTSD about the 4-Runner I bought for my 1st wife back in the mid 90s...uggh After she left me (with the vehicle), I got stuck with the payments. I just stopped paying and let it get repossessed. Got her new address from a friend of a friend. Messed up my credit for a few years. Last I heard, she was living in a trailer in South Dakota...lol. That was 20 years ago.

Anyway...back to the OPs thread...

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
We can not even find a 2021 corvette to look at. I think we should hold out for one though.
My buddy waited a year for his. It’s sick. He’s road raced for years. Has had vette’s. Loves this one. Traded it in from a Nissan gto. He actually made money on that. He hated it. It lasted 1 summer with him.

Jim_n_Tx

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ, Commando, JT , JL, M422
Gave mine her choice of rides: hence the Firecracker two-door Sport (with leather).

Sponsored

JollieOllie

First Name
Ollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Firecracker Red Unlimited Rubicon 4xe
Vehicle Showcase
Hmm. What do you mean by a sporty car? A sporty cruiser, like a two-door Mercedes, or a performance sporty like a m-series BMW or a Corvette or Hellcat? Does it need to be a brand new car or are you willing to pick up something classy but used, like an Aston Martin or even a classic seventies muscle car? Too many variables, but it's been fun reading the responses! (especially without any of the usual negative or political bantering.)
Thanks! :)

SSWIM

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
I may have missed it somewhere. If I did sorry. If you lean toward the C8, make sure you test fit it (make sure you fit). I fit fine, I am 6'2" @220lbs. My brother @ 6'4" and 260 does NOT. He has a longer torso though so maybe that is it. I know many have discussed this on the C8 forums.

Sam

WOwen

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WB Hellcat, 2016 Wrangler, 2021 392 Wrangler
I second the Hellcat! Trading mine in for the 392. I for some stupid reason fell in love with my Wrangler and just felt right. Can't get many 800hp cars for under 80k and generally people paying closer to 70. It flat out kicks some major ass!

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
No, and the first time she stuck me with one of the payments, I nipped that right in the bud.

Hey, I'd like to emphasize that I'm in no way trying to pour cold water on the OP's happy quest. I was just thinking back about that stupid Mustang, and I blurted out a snarky observation about my life without thinking about the context.
No worries, we have been married for almost 32 years and she still rocks.

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Is it for you or for her? Are you sure that she wants you to fit in it?
It is for her, but we would use it together often. We are Team Wiborn, we are a ride and die kind of team.

I looked at this yesterday, but I can not get over the price. It is more expensive than the C8 that I built on the Chevy website. I get it that it is a Z07 but it is 5 years old. Granted it did only have 16,000 miles on it.

Jeep Wrangler JL If you were going to buy a sporty car for your wife? 1626261183537

Jeep Wrangler JL If you were going to buy a sporty car for your wife? 1626261445164

She just deserves something she can call her own.

Sponsored

graytrucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392, 2020 LR Discovery, 2015 RR Sport SC
If you’re willing to go used and support some maintenance costs, I would look at as new as possible AMG GT, Aston Martin Vantage or Maserati GranTurismo. Can choose coupe or convertible, sound great, are comfortable, and not as common as most other options.

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation

Chris2183

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S (Sold) 2021 JLU Willys
She loves the Audi TT. I can not fit in it. Heck I don't think there is even room for my size 15 foot in the passenger foot well.
Right on. I was suggesting the Roush Mustang as it’s roomier than the smaller coupes and is 700+ HP depending on which model you build off of.