Sponsored

If you were going to buy a sporty car for your wife?

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
My Mom had Corvettes her whole life...My Dad drove a suburban as a DD and then they had Cadillacs throughout their lives also as the family car. I'd say she had all together about 7 corvettes from late 70s through 90's. I actually think the new Mid engine is really nice. Saw a few on the road, very nice looking car. I still love the understated look of a Porsche tho...Light Nimble and can turn on a dime. Not sure if the weight of the vett compromises or enhances the new design. Speed is great but in the end you want to feel like (specially a sports car) lt is an extension of you. You sit in it and everything external is communicated to you through the road the engine and the wheel. Blah Blah Blah...Have had many sports cars ..Mustangs ..twin turbo supra..Audi's, Z's and my fave was the Boxsters ..they are just so well balanced. Of course you could always go for an old T-Bird! Easy to work on and its like driving around in your living room.

sc000933b1.jpg

sc00091099_2.jpg
Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Love the red head.
Agree...Red interior too....was a great looking car! I was partial to that color combo had an older one also.

IMG_1697.jpg

IMG_1626.jpg

five9dak

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bikini '20 JL Freedom, '99 Dakota R/T, '97 Boxster
Agree...Red interior too....was a great looking car! I was partial to that color combo had an older one also.

IMG_1697.jpg

IMG_1626.jpg
Nice, I want a 987.2 base to replace the 996 when she's ready for something else. She doesn't like red interiors but she didn't like bikini pearl at first either... hah.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
when I picked up the 981 this they were having an Anniversary of the Porsche inception and they had an incredible array of every car you could imagine on loan from some personal collection.

IMG_2119.jpg

IMG_2121.jpg

IMG_2122.jpg

IMG_2127.jpg

IMG_2128.jpg

IMG_2130.jpg

Dad Rad

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon
Alos remember that she has a big husband. She has always like the Audi TT Roaster. But I do not fit in it. I think Miatas are cool, but I do not fit in them. I have to be able to ride and drive it also. I am good size man. 6'4" 270 pounds. Big shoulders.
TT Roadster (MK II) has been my daily driver for over 5 years. I'm 6'1 at 300 (!) and my wife is 6'3" (!!). We have no problems fitting in it or going on road trips. It's like a freaking go cart: 3.2 VR6, Quattro, 6 speed manual, magnetic suspension, magnaflow cat-back sounds beautiful. My stress relief was shooting the backroads in the Wisconsin Driftless area. No problems on snow or ice.

No room for anything but us inside, small trunk, no spare. I think you'd be surprised at the amount of space for driver/passenger seating. A LOT of bang for the buck.

Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Nice, I want a 987.2 base to replace the 996 when she's ready for something else. She doesn't like red interiors but she didn't like bikini pearl at first either... hah.
I originally was in the market for a 4s and had found one in Boston...Drove it and was in love but the deal fell through. I then found the 987 and wasn't sure about it because i liked having a back seat even though unusable. But The 987 was great and I bought it.

IMG_1498.jpg

IMG_1499.jpg

IMG_1501.jpg

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
TT Roadster (MK II) has been my daily driver for over 5 years. I'm 6'1 at 300 (!) and my wife is 6'3" (!!). We have no problems fitting in it or going on road trips. It's like a freaking go cart: 3.2 VR6, Quattro, 6 speed manual, magnetic suspension, magnaflow cat-back sounds beautiful. My stress relief was shooting the backroads in the Wisconsin Driftless area. No problems on snow or ice.

No room for anything but us inside, small trunk, no spare. I think you'd be surprised at the amount of space for driver/passenger seating. A LOT of bang for the buck.
Dad Rad is right they are extremely roomy and comfy!!!! You might want to take one for a spin...also had one loved it!!!

IMG_0527.jpg

IMG_0533.jpg

IMG_0540.jpg

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

I'll be the stick-in-the-mud-lifelong-corvette-obsessed-fanboi and tell you to stay away from the mid-engine abomination that GM insists on slapping a Corvette badge on.

It's beautiful vehicle, and I'm sure it's got plenty of power, but it's not a Corvette. If Zora himself pulled up to my house in one and told me it was a Corvette, I'd slap him across that brilliant face of his and tell him it is absolutely NOT a Corvette.

Get her a C2 or C3 Corvette. So beautiful, loud, powerful, and jaw-dropping. And sucks down gas like a Ford Excursion. Beautiful machines.

TaZ_65

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Lazy and haven't read the the replys... in the realm of the top of your budget
  • Certified 718 Cayman GTS
  • 991.1 Carrera S
  • C8 Corvette... if you can get one
Or have fun and get a Ferrari 360.. or stretch and get a F430. Or get an MX-5, or a TTRS, or an M2 Comp.

PacNWJLGecko

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Porsche 911, C8 Corvette, or R8. $80k should get you a pretty nice used 911 or R8. Possibly a new C8 if you're patient and not in too much of a hurry.

Sponsored

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
I'll be the stick-in-the-mud-lifelong-corvette-obsessed-fanboi and tell you to stay away from the mid-engine abomination that GM insists on slapping a Corvette badge on.

It's beautiful vehicle, and I'm sure it's got plenty of power, but it's not a Corvette. If Zora himself pulled up to my house in one and told me it was a Corvette, I'd slap him across that brilliant face of his and tell him it is absolutely NOT a Corvette.

Get her a C2 or C3 Corvette. So beautiful, loud, powerful, and jaw-dropping. And sucks down gas like a Ford Excursion. Beautiful machines.
It’s the future and innovative. It’s about time Chevy did an overhaul of the corvette. It was way overdue. It’s a beautiful car.

Birdsong

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wangler, 2021 Silverado Z71
Corvette all the way here. This one I got new in 16, now I am thinking hard about the new mid engine.

23199BB0-B632-4B7E-8E58-979C36953D12.jpeg

dpike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR 3.6
It might be below your price range but my wife absolutely loved her mini cooper countryman.

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
I say be different. Corvettes are everywhere. Your wife would be the biggest badass in town in this. These are going for $65-$75K in my area. I saw one for $49K when the pandemic was raging. Unless its going to be a daily driver.

Jeep Wrangler JL If you were going to buy a sporty car for your wife? cobra
Sponsored