Sponsored

If you were going to buy a sporty car for your wife?

WhereRU_A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Willys, 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
C8 Corvette convertible. I only thought I liked the C8 until I saw a bright yellow convertible someone in our town bought recently. They are absolutely stunning.
Sponsored

Ratiogear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Alos remember that she has a big husband. She has always like the Audi TT Roaster. But I do not fit in it. I think Miatas are cool, but I do not fit in them. I have to be able to ride and drive it also. I am good size man. 6'4" 270 pounds. Big shoulders.
I remember as a young man I saw two 6'+, 300lbs+ men driving in a tiny mazda miata. They got side swiped and lost control and spun out. The big men in the middle kept the car spinning on that point like a top so they stayed mostly in the lane until they stopped. No one was hurt.

So in a way, maybe a small convertible would be perfect for you?

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
I say mid engine!!! Porsche!! I may be partial as I have had a few..both boxsters. last one I traded for my JL. If she loves to drive then that is the car...they just handle so well!

IMG_2935.jpeg

IMG_2939.jpeg

IMG_2942 2.jpeg

rrubbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLU
Coming from an owner of Mercedes SL, Porsche 911, BMW, and Jaguar ... for me a Porsche 911. For her mid engine Porsche, or a BMW 435i cabriolet. I love my Jeep, but I have never been a fan of Corvettes. They are a dime a dozen where I live (snobby So Cal) and a European sports car adds a little more sophistication and class...IMHO.
Well, and if you insist on a Corvette... get rid of the Jeep and make it a Corvette 4x4.

Abe

Jeep Wrangler JL If you were going to buy a sporty car for your wife? corvette4x4

Last edited:

Sponsored

JMAC5150

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@017 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
BMW M2
Check out the review on YouTube from Chris Harris.

Whiskeybiskit

First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL wrangler sport s
Vehicle Showcase
Another vote for corvette. My dad had a 2008 c6 before he passed away. A 55 year old acting like a 16 year old driving it. It was a lot of fun riding around with him. Can be a daily driver and you can open it up on the weekends. If I remember, corvette owners also have a wave.

Blanco802

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Would she want manual or automatic? Keep it stock or modify over time?

Some fun cars to test drive either new or used in addition to those already mentioned would be Nissan GTR, Ford Mustang GT500, Dodge Challenger SRT, Cadillac CTS-V, and Mercedes AMG series.

The above cars are all fun, loud, and should be roomy enough for you. I would imagine the Tesla is out given that it won't produce the engine and exhaust sounds of those vehicles above, but I acknowledge it has awesome performance.

Either way, should be some fantastic test driving sessions. Good luck.

Sponsored

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
Loud, track capable, room for a big guy Mustang GT350... Find a show called Head to Head on Motortrend TV and watch. Several episodes where they put it up against Camaro's and a new Supra, car looks like an absolute hoot.

gt350.jpg

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
What would you look at?

She will retire in September and wants a sports car. She is all over the place. She looked at a used Porsche Boxer Convertible the other day. At 16 Z06 convertible vette. A convertible Camera SS and now she is looking at a Tesla.

The Porsche is a maybe not just because I am a big man and I am not sure how well I would fit in it.

Something 80 grand or less......

pics would help.
My local dealer has one of these on the show room floor. I would get my wife one of these:

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
I donā€™t think I have ever seen a female driving a corvette.

My wife and I joke that it is a ā€œmid-life crisis carā€. Lol. No offense to anyone here.

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
I donā€™t think I have ever seen a female driving a corvette.

My wife and I joke that it is a ā€œmid-life crisis carā€. Lol. No offense to anyone here.
The new corvette has appeal that didn't apply as much back when the midlife crisis car term was coined. It's now a ridiculously competent mid engine supercar.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Challenger with a 392 or a Hellcat. Outstanding V8 sound, do it yourself maintenance, room for you and great on long road trips that you guys like to take. Massive trunk, rides great too. The 392 can pull 27-28 mpg hwy and get sideways easily if you want to kick the rear out.
Sponsored