Sponsored

If you were going to buy a sporty car for your wife?

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
I don’t think I have ever seen a female driving a corvette.

My wife and I joke that it is a “mid-life crisis car”. Lol. No offense to anyone here.
I use to agree, however, the new one is just plain bad @ss!
Sponsored

Last edited:

EJWF11

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
…. Bm-yota Supra.

Pretty solid little car.

N8213

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 4XE, 20 C8, 20 Indian, 55 Studebaker truck
What would you look at?

She will retire in September and wants a sports car. She is all over the place. She looked at a used Porsche Boxer Convertible the other day. At 16 Z06 convertible vette. A convertible Camera SS and now she is looking at a Tesla.

The Porsche is a maybe not just because I am a big man and I am not sure how well I would fit in it.

Something 80 grand or less......

pics would help.
Definitely a c8 corvette. My wife borrows mine constantly. $80k will buy a very nice one.

Sponsored

Punk'n Willy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU 3.6L Punk'n Willys
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Vehicle Showcase
As a fellow Michigander, and after coming home last week (before the floods) and seeing the slow improvement on road repair I believe this will be the best option for the wife. The best of both worlds lol.
02_Porsche-911-GT2-RS-offroad.jpg

Jeepney Johnny

First Name
Rico!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
If you're going to do any wrenching, simple fixes, or maintenance yourself, I'd suggest the C7 over the mid-engined C8. A great online resource for anything Corvette is the CorvetteForum.com. I've used it many times to diagnose, fix, and learn about my C5.

My C5 is pretty much stock, but has no mufflers. At idle and low RPMs, it's remarkably quiet (for a V8 with no mufflers), so I don't get complaint letters from the HOA leaving my neighborhood. But at wide open throttle, it howls like a banshee searching for souls to devour, really fun! The later Corvettes have OEM dual-mode exhausts, so you can get something like the WOT muffler-less experience right out-of-the-box.

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

so...not a traditional sports car, but my wife has an 2014 X3 xdrive 35i with the M sports package, and we are looking to update it to a 2021 X3 xdrive 40i with M sports.

Clearly not a corvette by any stretch, but plenty of room, big sunroof for that top down feeling and truthfully is a blast to drive. Yes it is a SUV, but we are not taking it to the track on the weekends

SnoWhite

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
How about something a little more exotic than a Corvette, that‘s driving like a cart:

Jeep Wrangler JL If you were going to buy a sporty car for your wife? 4FD9519D-8A40-41BF-AC92-5ABEAC785799

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
What would you look at?

She will retire in September and wants a sports car. She is all over the place. She looked at a used Porsche Boxer Convertible the other day. At 16 Z06 convertible vette. A convertible Camera SS and now she is looking at a Tesla.

The Porsche is a maybe not just because I am a big man and I am not sure how well I would fit in it.

Something 80 grand or less......

pics would help.
Avoid a used P car as maintenance is expensive. Their owners expect an elitist experience and the high prices helps them feel better about themselves.

Miata is a lot of fun as sporty, easy to drive, convertible, and not stupid pricing for maintenance. Also some aftermarket parts support.

Sponsored

bigbaozi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
I think you hit it on your first post, get the Tesla. You could do a Model 3 Performance under budget or stretch a bit and get a silly yoke steering S.

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
What's your price range? You live in Michigan: do you need AWD?

I always had a crush for that Mini Cooper JCW. Not AWD of course, but still pretty good. The 6MT is back. Why not?

zxd9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S, Bright White, Freedom Pkg
My wife loves our Mustang GT and she likes it loud. 6 spd is fun to drive.

five9dak

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bikini '20 JL Freedom, '99 Dakota R/T, '97 Boxster
Got my wife a 911 to try to "turn her" on sports cars and fun driving it. It worked.

Both the boxster and the 911 have LOTS of room for the front passengers because there is no drivetrain up front competing with ergonomics for the driver and passenger. If you are a big guy who will be riding shotgun in a sports car, porsche should be first on your list.

If your wife isn't familiar with the drawbacks of front engine/ rear wheel drive in say rain (or even dry), the Porsche's additional rear traction may save her bacon.