Sponsored

If you sold your Jeep today, how and what’s next?

emptyminded42

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellayella JLU Sport S 6MT, Forester XT
Occupation
Engineer
Actually working on a Ram TRX today north of Detroit. Hoping it is still there and they can wait for a week while the broom deal is done and their check clears.
Sweet! Make sure to post in this thread if you do end up getting the TRX!
Sponsored

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase
Definitely going bigger for SUV or truck. Miss the space and comfort of my Raptor Super Crew but have been thinking about a Tahoe (the new design is nice but gets pricy) or Armada (2021 redesign looks great, especially interior).

Anyone have any experience with these types of vehicles?
We had an '18 Armada, its a great truck and very comfortable on road trips, we had the Platinum, the kids loved the back seats, captains chairs and heated, no fighting over who's on who's side! That thing had all the bells and whistles, and I have no doubt that the new interior has even more, very easy to drive.
Mileage sucked, but then I'm not used to vehicles that big, it did however run on Regular, and was very reliable.

That is if the RAM doesn't work out :like:

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
if i sold my 2 dr base sport (which it aint happening) i would go back to a grand cherokee again. i had a 07 and was a great all around vehicle for me. however, i'm at the point that i dont want all the bells and whistles. so my next option would be a striped down truck and build it the way i want it.

hybrid3.0

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JGC
For highway miles Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit w/ hemi. Has street tuned air suspension that can raise vehicle 2-3 inches to clear hazzards but in normal mode rides smoothly plus lots of sound insulation and comfort options. I’ve got LSD and skid plates along with factory e-locking rear diff so could do some light off road work but does not have articulation or ladder frame to be in same league as wrangler off road. With tow pkg also can pull 7200 lbs.

Sponsored

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque
As the title states. Have a 2020 JLUR and use it as a company car. Like it, actually love it. However as intended use for highway and company use, not the best overall.

Need something a little more travel friendly but still fun. We just found out that we cannot modify any vehicle we use for company miles, which really bummed me out as I was going to MC lift and 37’s with regear. This is the reason finally that made me say let’s sell.

Honestly the only reason it hasn’t been traded in or sold is because I am not sure what to get next.

Anyone have recent luck with Carmax/Carvana selling or KBB with any of their vehicles?

Just don’t know what to get next - fuel mileage is not an issue, company pays for that as well. $68k max budget due to IRS rules against the allowance.

No trolls please - not happy that I will be getting rid of the Wrangler, but it’s just not working out as well as I had hoped.
For $68k max may I recommend either a fully loaded 5 series sedan or a full size SUV like Tahoe or Expedition? Both are very capable.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Sorry you have to sell the Jeep! I love my JLR (personal vehicle) and also my 'company vehicle' which is a TRX...Now I own the company so have a little latitude but I can say 1000% if you get a TRX you will absolutely be in love with it!
Sponsored