Sponsored

If you sold your Jeep today, how and what’s next?

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
As the title states. Have a 2020 JLUR and use it as a company car. Like it, actually love it. However as intended use for highway and company use, not the best overall.

Need something a little more travel friendly but still fun. We just found out that we cannot modify any vehicle we use for company miles, which really bummed me out as I was going to MC lift and 37’s with regear. This is the reason finally that made me say let’s sell.

Honestly the only reason it hasn’t been traded in or sold is because I am not sure what to get next.

Anyone have recent luck with Carmax/Carvana selling or KBB with any of their vehicles?

Just don’t know what to get next - fuel mileage is not an issue, company pays for that as well. $68k max budget due to IRS rules against the allowance.

No trolls please - not happy that I will be getting rid of the Wrangler, but it’s just not working out as well as I had hoped.
Sponsored

cchambers74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL
Vehicle Showcase
Dave are you leaning more towards a car or another SUV...

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Get a Gladiator. It’s just like Wrangler but drives a little better on the freeway because of the long wheelbase.

Failing that, perhaps a more road-friendly Wrangler like a Sahara might do the trick...?

Failing that, get a Camry.

rfm8os

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2022 Cadillac CT-5 V
I am a relatively new Wrangler owner. My 2020 JLRU is my first Jeep. I don't need a highway car for commuting as I work from home 100% now and probably will for good now. So I am keeping the Wrangler for the forseeable future.

However, if I did need to get back into a "regular" car I would be looking for maybe a sporty cross-over SUV, something like a Volvo XC60/90 depending on how big a vehicle you need. Carvana has tons of them at a variety of price points.

emptyminded42

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellayella JLU Sport S 6MT, Forester XT
Occupation
Engineer
I just sold my '18 Mazda3 to Carvana. It was super easy and they gave me a pretty good price - $3k higher than CarMax (what a waste of time) and was at the high end of private party pricing. Got a quote and did paperwork and they picked up the car 2 days later. The loan was paid off within a week and got the title a few days later. Got the money in excess of the loan balance the same day they picked up the car. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Word of warning: you MUST have a non-expired drivers license even if your state has a COVID grace period and you need a .pdf or photo of your loan payoff quote - you can't just give them a number. Need to be a photo or scan of a piece of paper.

If I sold mine, I'd honestly just pocket the money until I was commuting regularly again and put it toward my dream car savings.

If I wanted something to soak up miles I'd get a 3/5 series or an S4/A6 or something. If you wanted something SUV-shaped then I have no idea - new Land Rover Defender?

Sponsored

jetfixer

First Name
james
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
I’m selling my 2017 unlimited Rubicon Recon for a unlimited Rubicon 4xe I have on order.

JJSix

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2016 Dodge Caravan
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
If I sold it today and it was only for highway? I'd go Grand Cherokee, have 2 family member with them and I'm a fan for the price.

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
Tahoe or Suburban.

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Metal Mulisha Custom
392 Hemi with a Hummer EV on reserve for $100 just in case ;)

Jeep Wrangler JL If you sold your Jeep today, how and what’s next? 7E5AE387-D49B-4399-B29F-74509669D239

OP
OP
Goosed

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Compelling stories for a Volvo or Audi. Always worry about residual value with those brands on trade in.

Definitely going bigger for SUV or truck. Miss the space and comfort of my Raptor Super Crew but have been thinking about a Tahoe (the new design is nice but gets pricy) or Armada (2021 redesign looks great, especially interior). Or maybe slightly smaller like the new Telluride but there is no fun factor in some of these.

Anyone have any experience with these types of vehicles?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Goosed

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Get a Gladiator. It’s just like Wrangler but drives a little better on the freeway because of the long wheelbase.

Failing that, perhaps a more road-friendly Wrangler like a Sahara might do the trick...?

Failing that, get a Camry.
No Camry! That’s what they issue for a fully paid company car. That’s why I got out of it and into a monthly allowance... can’t be stuck in a regular suburban vanilla ice cream vehicle.

OP
OP
Goosed

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I just sold my '18 Mazda3 to Carvana. It was super easy and they gave me a pretty good price - $3k higher than CarMax (what a waste of time) and was at the high end of private party pricing. Got a quote and did paperwork and they picked up the car 2 days later. The loan was paid off within a week and got the title a few days later. Got the money in excess of the loan balance the same day they picked up the car. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Word of warning: you MUST have a non-expired drivers license even if your state has a COVID grace period and you need a .pdf or photo of your loan payoff quote - you can't just give them a number. Need to be a photo or scan of a piece of paper.

If I sold mine, I'd honestly just pocket the money until I was commuting regularly again and put it toward my dream car savings.

If I wanted something to soak up miles I'd get a 3/5 series or an S4/A6 or something. If you wanted something SUV-shaped then I have no idea - new Land Rover Defender?
Thanks for the Carvana insight. I did a straight sell option on their site today and got a price of $40,803 for my Wrangler. It was $44,500 back in October/November so prices are cooling off a bit. However I got it for $38,600 new so still getting more than it was new to me. I might go this option unless I buy new again and get the tax break.

OP
OP
Goosed

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
If I sold it today and it was only for highway? I'd go Grand Cherokee, have 2 family member with them and I'm a fan for the price.
Reliability reputation for Grand Cherokees? Have your family members been satisfied? My Wrangler has been in for some work at the dealer, I’m a little less inspired to give FCA more money...

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
What is your price range? If you want small, road friendly, and perhaps with some off road capability, then maybe check out the Bronco Sport. If larger, then I do like the Tahoe but perhaps hold out to look at the new Grand Cherokee.
Sponsored