Sponsored

If you haven't done a trail with your 4xe you need to!

ie2special

First Name
Ingrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe and a 2022 4xe on the way
We have wanted a Jeep for YEARS but never jumped in. When I saw the lease deals from the brokers on the 4xe I decided against the Model Y and went for it.

Now, 3 months later, I have a second one on the way. We LOVE it. The best part is the off-road SILENCE when the motor is all-electric.

It was a real treat being out on the trails with no engine noise! Yes, there are a bunch of weird buzzes, pops, and clicks but you can't hear them when your tires are crunching. It was AMAZING :)
Sponsored

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
Having no engine noise would seem surreal to me, but would certainly be nice to be able to hear everything around you. My family and I would appreciate the silence as we enjoy listening to and looking for birds and other wildlife.

sconrad24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Willys JKU, 2021 4XE
How does it feel switching back and forth between electric and gas offroading? I havent been out enough to gage, but I assume the difference in gas pedal feel is pretty noticeable, especially in the rocks.

OP
OP
ie2special

ie2special

First Name
Ingrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe and a 2022 4xe on the way
How does it feel switching back and forth between electric and gas offroading? I havent been out enough to gage, but I assume the difference in gas pedal feel is pretty noticeable, especially in the rocks.
We were in electric the entire time, over 17 miles.

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
Actually is pretty seamless on mine. Limited trail use so far but when I have it’s been flawless. Very smooth transition from ICE to EV… like others though I prefer to keep it in EV mode as much as possible.

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
I noticed a significant difference in smoothness between 4Lo crawling using the ICE vs electric. The transmission seems to shift at lower RPM (certainly with lower noise) when in electric mode. My favorite ride so far was coming down a rather steep rocky trail where the electric motor was able to provide all needed power and smooth torque/throttle response for a few miles of descent. Low range changes the shift points creating lots of compression breaking; Jeep did a great job tuning this powertrain for the different modes.
Sponsored