Sponsored

If you have Quadratec Pre-Runner LED lights, check your fender lights

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
I just installed my Quadratec Pre-Runner light kit and have a strange issue. It's not something I would have noticed right away, so I wonder if anyone else has the issue. I have a JLUR with regular, non-LED lighting.

Just to confirm, this is the light kit I'm talking about:
https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadratec/pre-runner-led-light-kit-jeep-wrangler-jl

I e-mailed Quadratec yesterday morning, but haven't heard back.

The issue is that when I plug them in, and turn on the parking lights, everything appears to work normally. The LEDs light up and so do my parking lamps. However, the little corner light does not light up in the fender (not very noticeable, especially in daylight). So, turning on the parking or headlamps, everything appears fine.

The issue is with the turn signal. When I hit the flashers or turn signal, the parking light is now the turn signal on the driver's side fender, not the amber turn signal. Then what is really fun is that when I turn the parking lamps on, the drivers side parking lamp stays on! It appears that every wire is combined into the lead for the parking lamp in the harness!

To recap:
Parking lamps on, hazards off: Parking lamp is on but not the little corner bulb.
Hazards on, Parking lamps off: Parking lamp bulb is flashing as the turn signal.
Hazards on, parking lamps on: Parking lamp is on steady, but not the little corner bulb.
Sponsored

OP
OP

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
I still haven't heard back from customer service, going to take a look at the wiring today.

OP
OP

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
Well, still haven't heard back from customer service so I took a look today. It looks like the wiring was backwards from one connector to the other. I tried re-pinning the connectors, but had lots of problems, and finally just cut the connectors off and spliced into the wiring. I have to admit, I'm very disappointed in Quadratec on this one :(

WRGLR-JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willy's 2 door
Vehicle Showcase
Well, still haven't heard back from customer service so I took a look today. It looks like the wiring was backwards from one connector to the other. I tried re-pinning the connectors, but had lots of problems, and finally just cut the connectors off and spliced into the wiring. I have to admit, I'm very disappointed in Quadratec on this one :(
Every once in a while things are faulty. I checked my pre-runner lights and all is well. I did have an issue with their diver down seat covers. Wrote a review with pics. They approved review but never reached out to try and fix the issue. So customer service may need improvement at Quadratec.
Sponsored