Sponsored

If you had to do it all over again, would you buy another Diesel Wrang!er??

Would you buy another Diesel Wrang!er??

• Total voters

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Would you buy the Diesel again, or wait until the kinks were worked out of the engine?
Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I really don't think you guys are going to have issues, and if so it will be much later. It's already a 3rd gen platform and not the first year on the market as already in the RAM's for awhile.

I'd stop worrying and enjoy your Wranglers.....

MCJA

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon EcoDiesel
The only thing that might make me reconsider is when the 4xE comes out. If it has more torque and has decent range, then I may wish I'd gone that route instead. But, as it was, I waited over 2 years after release of the JL to get into one.

In short - nope, I don't regret it, and I'd do it again. Fate favors the bold.

MCJA

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh, and by the way... your poll choices are jaded. They're all written from the standpoint of someone who thinks buying the first year of diesels was a bad idea. It's not worth answering.

"How wrong were you?"
  • "Completely wrong."
  • "Mostly wrong."
  • "A little bit wrong."
  • "I'll wait a while to see how wrong I was."

Sponsored

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh, and by the way... your poll choices are jaded. They're all written from the standpoint of someone who thinks buying the first year of diesels was a bad idea. It's not worth answering.

"How wrong were you?"
  • "Completely wrong."
  • "Mostly wrong."
  • "A little bit wrong."
  • "I'll wait a while to see how wrong I was."
Apparently you didnt read the last choice, or, that chip on you shoulder was so big, it was obscured.

MCJA

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Apparently you didnt read the last choice, or, that chip on you shoulder was so big, it was obscured.
No, I read all the choices. You're right - I exaggerated to make a point. (I'll try to spell it out for you.) My point was that all of the options seem to have a negative connotation, or - in the cast of the last option - one of just acceptance (neutral). There weren't any positive options.

And speaking of having a chip on one's shoulder...

CAC

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D, , 2019 200 Series Land Cruiser, 2017 Ram 3500 CCSB 4wd,
The only thing I wish my Diesel had is E-Torque. My uncle bought a 2020 Sahara the same day I picked up my Rubicon. It has the V-6 E-Torque. The auto stop/start in that vehicle is sooooo good. Also good in the rental Wrangler S I had for a week with a E-Torque 2.0 Turbo.

That said, the Diesel is still better. The wave of torque is awesome. Effortless power, awesome mileage. I have zero regrets.

diesel_jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4bt Cj
Have had plenty of issues with the engine luckily I have the 8/125k bumper to bumper. Hopefully once engineering develops a fix and releases a TSB my issues will be a thing of the past. Also my other vehicle has a cummins and this ecodiesel is the polar opposite with regards to NVH. Sounds almost like a gas engine under acceleration. Would prefer a bit more diesel clatter. MPG is also not very good but that could be related to the issues.

Sponsored

Andy-jr.

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 White JKU, 2012 Black JK 2018 White Grand Cherokee, 2001 TJ, 2020 JLUR EcoDiesel
Vehicle Showcase
Have had plenty of issues with the engine luckily I have the 8/125k bumper to bumper. Hopefully once engineering develops a fix and releases a TSB my issues will be a thing of the past. Also my other vehicle has a cummins and this ecodiesel is the polar opposite with regards to NVH. Sounds almost like a gas engine under acceleration. Would prefer a bit more diesel clatter. MPG is also not very good but that could be related to the issues.
What issues have you had with the ecodiesel?

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What issues have you had with the ecodiesel?
I don't own an EcoDiesel, so I didn't vote. But, I did set up the poll, in hopes to shed light on the Owners of these Jeeps opinions. Be these positive or negative. Me, I love Diesels, but I also know the issues with modern ones, constricted with American emission controls. I am hoping these issues are few and far between, and wont doom future diesel jeep productions. This is why the names of all that vote are listed. To be able to verify the trolls.
Sponsored