Sponsored

If you could order your perfect jeep.....

Scott from NC

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A mom Van, researching our next Wrangler
If you could order a perfect Jeep for you what would the configuration look like?
Considering if all packages and options were available.
For example I would want a JLUR Ocean Blue with color matched fender flares a Premium soft top, the 7" radio.
If possible I would order with out the power windows, power locks or carpet to save the money, as I wouldn't need them.
I would also order the tan premium soft top, if they offered a full tan interior.
If the Mopar lift was available from the factory I would order it along witj some 35s. This would also save the headache of selling original equipment to recoup some of the initial costs.
Jeep- Please just give me an all options and packages open configurator.
@JeepCares
Sponsored

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
2 Door JL Sport (Base Model)
Ocean Blue
Premium Sunrider Top
7.4" or 8.4" Alpine Radio with Off-Road Pages, without having to get the entire Tech Package
Manual Windows & Locks with a Keyed Ignition. Or, if I must have Push Button Start, at least make Proximity Entry Standard.
V6
AC
Towing/Switch Package
Standard Black Steel Wheels, but with the 33" Rubicon tires
Select-able Lockers
4.10 gears

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
If Jeep did allow for open ordering, you should expect to see a surcharge, or the prices of the options go up. It’s possible to order a base Porsche and double to price of it by adding a la carté options. Hell, you can even get the vent flaps and fuse panel leather covered if you’re willing to pay the price. Does Jeep have enough enthusiast buyers to support that type of ordering?

I think it would be smart business for Jeep to make an a la carté ordering option, especially once you figure how much money the company is allowing to slip through its fingers by sending brand new buyers to the aftermarket for things Jeep could easily be reaping massive profits on.

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
Since we are making Wishes... I've been so frustrated the last few weeks trying to find a 2 Door jeep with the options I want at a fair price. Not to mention having dealerships refuse to honor the affiliate discount, or saying they are not interested in special ordering a vehicle. Ugh!!! I'm really starting to wish that Amazon sold Jeeps. Free 2 day delivery with Prime! FTW

Sponsored

CanAmMick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring
Occupation
USAF Retired Helicopter mechanic
I would take any model as long as it came with a hemi in it!

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
My fully loaded Rubicon with a V8 400+hp

Mrjimmystewart

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 jeep 392, Mercedes E 53 convt, Prevost H3-41
Occupation
Retired
Fully loaded sting grey Sahara. Sky one, selec trac. Off road tires, big screen, Black leather Pretty much everything they offer.
Going to order next week when 2019 opens.

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Well, if we are playing pretend that options exist which don't, I would have a Tiffany blue jeep with all of the parts that are red in and on the Rubicon in (stitching, dash, etc) in the same blue.

It would have a 5.7 L Hemi and a power soft top that doesn't require removing any windows to put it up or down. Although I would be happy with an unpowered soft top that offered the same features. (I have a 55+ year old Beetle that has this feature so I don't know why it is so elusive on Jeeps)

Options the Rubicon has now but added cooled seats.

Oh, and a rain gutter over the door that doesn't dump water in the Jeep every time I open the door would be nice :)

Sponsored

Gandersonsays

First Name
Griffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr JL Rubicon
My top choice would be the Jeep Shortcut from EJS 2016. To do something similar with a 2 door JL would be even better, especially if the windshield could be made more vertical again.

cn016_003jpmsvbfipv6d3npm7b7bnciol4sb.jpg

bryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini, F250, Forester, 2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
If you could order a perfect Jeep for you what would the configuration look like?
I can't make my mind up on some things either.
  • Should I get a Rubicon, a Rubicon, or a Rubicon?
  • I keep waffling on hard top vs. soft top.
  • When I'm thinking hard top, I'm thinking leather; when I'm thinking soft top, I'm thinking cloth.
  • I really want the 8.4 Uconnect. I don't want the sub-woofer.
  • I like the steel front bumper, but I'm pretty sure I want to toss the rear bumper in the trash, so should I just bag it and get the plastic one?
And I also keep wishing for things that don't exist.
  • I wish it came in an outdoors-friendly shade of green, tan, or brown.
  • I wish the tan cloth was available on a Rubicon.
  • I wish the tan soft-top was a closer match to the tan seats. I haven't seen one in real life, but the pictures aren't promising.
  • I wish when you selected tan seats, the color was used throughout the interior, instead of a mostly-black interior with some tan.
  • I wish that wanting cloth seats didn't suggest that I wanted to cheap out on the interior
I like hearing about other people's preferences too, but it hasn't helped me make up my own mind.

OP
OP

Scott from NC

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A mom Van, researching our next Wrangler
I can't make my mind up on some things either.
  • Should I get a Rubicon, a Rubicon, or a Rubicon?
  • I keep waffling on hard top vs. soft top.
  • When I'm thinking hard top, I'm thinking leather; when I'm thinking soft top, I'm thinking cloth.
  • I really want the 8.4 Uconnect. I don't want the sub-woofer.
  • I like the steel front bumper, but I'm pretty sure I want to toss the rear bumper in the trash, so should I just bag it and get the plastic one?
And I also keep wishing for things that don't exist.
  • I wish it came in an outdoors-friendly shade of green, tan, or brown.
  • I wish the tan cloth was available on a Rubicon.
  • I wish the tan soft-top was a closer match to the tan seats. I haven't seen one in real life, but the pictures aren't promising.
  • I wish when you selected tan seats, the color was used throughout the interior, instead of a mostly-black interior with some tan.
  • I wish that wanting cloth seats didn't suggest that I wanted to cheap out on the interior
I like hearing about other people's preferences too, but it hasn't helped me make up my own mind.
My thoughts on interiors exactly. I dont want to buy another jeep to spend 500 in bartact seat covers.
Tan seats with black carpet? Is this really a 40K+ vehicle?

Jmonroe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and a '99 Camaro SS convertible I bought new
Occupation
Retired
I liked the so called "yes" fabric in our '07 Rubicon. Liked the color, durability and even the feel of it.
Sponsored