Sponsored

if you build it he will come

wordslayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
grand cherokee
okay, here is what I've been told and if someone is kind enough, please tell me what I need to do to track my order.

I ordered my jeep four days ago. The dealership told me that I would get an email, but I haven't gotten one yet. I called them back today and they said that I probably wouldn't get an email for around 10 more days. And so, I decided to call Chrysler direct. I found out that my order is in class D and I even got a VIN number.

If possible, is there anything else I can do to follow up on the status of my order? Thanks!
Sponsored

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 02 BMW M3, 91 BMW E30
You don't get any emails from FCA. Not sure what your dealer was trying to do there. My salesman was the same way. I provided him with all the updates which I got through Jeep Chat. Granted it did move quite fast through production, so he wasn't expecting that. Jeep Chat can get you the status of your build and after it moves into D1 status, a build date. After it leaves the factory, Jeep Chat is useless. The dealer can track the shipment of your jeep from there. Hope it moves through quickly for you.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Poor uninformed dealerships :(

Click https://fcacommunity.force.com/Jeep/s/article/How-do-I-contact-Jeep2

Go to Live Chat.

Choose default options.

Once you are in, they will ask you for your VIN (last 8 digits) and VON. You will need to confirm your email address, physical address, phone number used in conjunction with the order. They will then help you.

You should have an estimated ship date -- that's usually the actual build date. Then it'll be another 2 weeks or so on an average build for it to hit KZ (shipping).

See: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/chrysler-jeep-vehicle-order-codes.6481/

I ordered January 15th and I'm in KZ status (shipping) as of today. So 3 weeks from order to shipping. JLUR $60k, lots of options so I sat in JB (body vendor) where they install things like floor mats, door sills, tailgate reinforcement, etc. If you did not do that, yours might be quicker.

Since I'm pretty far from Toledo, I'd expect it'll be another 3 weeks before it lands at the dealer, but we'll see.

Jeeprubicongurl

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru STI Limited

Go to Live Chat.

Choose default options.

Once you are in, they will ask you for your VIN (last 8 digits) and VON. You will need to confirm your email address, physical address, phone number used in conjunction with the order. They will then help you.

You should have an estimated ship date -- that's usually the actual build date. Then it'll be another 2 weeks or so on an average build for it to hit KZ (shipping).

See: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/chrysler-jeep-vehicle-order-codes.6481/

I ordered January 15th and I'm in KZ status (shipping) as of today. So 3 weeks from order to shipping. JLUR $60k, lots of options so I sat in JB (body vendor) where they install things like floor mats, door sills, tailgate reinforcement, etc. If you did not do that, yours might be quicker.

Since I'm pretty far from Toledo, I'd expect it'll be another 3 weeks before it lands at the dealer, but we'll see.
Wow you’re lucky you haven’t had to wait all that long! I ordered a 2019 JLR fully loaded on 12/1 and am still in JS status as of today! Hoping my order will move to KZ soon so I can get my Rubicon already! Almost 11 weeks and counting for me lol

OP
OP
wordslayer

wordslayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
grand cherokee

Go to Live Chat.

Choose default options.

Thank you for this information!

I did what you suggested and you gotta love this.......

I log into chat, click on the link that says "check on your new order" and when I do that it says.........

"check with your dealer" LOL

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Thank you for this information!

I did what you suggested and you gotta love this.......

I log into chat, click on the link that says "check on your new order" and when I do that it says.........

"check with your dealer" LOL
Yeah, you actually have to do the live chat thing. Good luck! Was in KZ yesterday and in KZ S now today. I think that means that it should be trackable by VLS now since it's assigned a shipper. Unfortunately Jeep Chat doesn't have access to VLS, so you'll have to annoy your dealer.

OP
OP
wordslayer

wordslayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
grand cherokee
I'm at KZ status. That SHOULD mean something good.

Does anyone know if I can get a copy of the sticker on my jeep online? That would give me something to make me feel like it actually exists.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'm at KZ status. That SHOULD mean something good.

Does anyone know if I can get a copy of the sticker on my jeep online? That would give me something to make me feel like it actually exists.
Did you register yours on the tracking site listed on first post of
JLWF JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

it will post your build and window sticker.

OP
OP
wordslayer

wordslayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
grand cherokee
Did you register yours on the tracking site listed on first post of
JLWF JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

it will post your build and window sticker.
Yes, sure tried. For some reason in the process, they only gave me the last 8 digits of my VIN number, but I'm going to call contactjeep tomorrow and get the rest of my VIN and try it again.

Sponsored

uRJeremyK

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
OP
OP
wordslayer

wordslayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
grand cherokee
Thank you!! Seeing the sticker on it finally made it seem real!

OP
OP
wordslayer

wordslayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
grand cherokee
Hit KZM today. I'm guessing the "M" stands for either Mystery or Misery.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
It means first rail departure. Should only be 6 more weeks now.