Sponsored

If they killed off the 2 door WWYD?

Squibbles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI, Ranger
So if in a few years because of poor sales they just sold the JlU would you get the 4 door or find something else?
Personally I hate the aesthetics and the breakover on the 4 doors that I’d probably do an extended cab ZR2 for like 37k and put 5k$ into a body lift, fenders, armor, 4.56’sand 34’s for a pretty capable rig. I’m tempted now over a JLR for the utility, vinyl floor and cost.
Sponsored

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
Let’s just hope that dark day never comes. Or at least wait till I’m old and reduced to wheeling an electric cart around the old folks home.

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
Well then why wait. Do that now. That is why there are so many different rides. Not everyone likes the same thing. Personally I have been looking at Wranglers for years. I spot them coming down the road before anyone else. I spot them and point them out in the crowd of others on the road or in the parking lot. It draws my eye.

So if the wrangler no longer does that for you then find what does.

There is a reason for the saying, “It’s a Jeep thing”. If “that thing” that Jeep has no longer does it for you then spend your hard earned coin on what does.

For me..... Wrangler!

apb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLR; 2019 Bikini Sahara JLU (wife's)
Vehicle Showcase
If the upcoming Bronco ever releases and is actually what I hope it will be (shorter wheelbase, SFA, etc.) and the 2 door variant sells well, then I am very interested to see what that will do for our Jeeps. Competition is a good thing, at least I hope it turns out to be in this case.

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
So if in a few years because of poor sales they just sold the JlU would you get the 4 door or find something else?
Personally I hate the aesthetics and the breakover on the 4 doors that I’d probably do an extended cab ZR2 for like 37k and put 5k$ into a body lift, fenders, armor, 4.56’sand 34’s for a pretty capable rig. I’m tempted now over a JLR for the utility, vinyl floor and cost.
I had a zr2, fun truck. But not a jeep. I have a 2dr sport and love it.

I think they may kill the 2dr eventually also, if it doesn’t sell, fca wont care about heritage etc, dont make money, get rid of it.

That being said, i kinda wish they would have make a JL into a LJ.

They know how well the Unlimited sells. So why not give people the 2 door jeep but add and extra 8” or so in the back so you can actually use the damn trunk with the rear seats in it? And it would have a 104”(perfect) wheelbase, and the unlimited still offers the longer wheel base and full 4 doors.

I think this woulda been a good idea for the JL to keep it hanging on

Sponsored

apb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLR; 2019 Bikini Sahara JLU (wife's)
Vehicle Showcase

I think they may kill the 2dr eventually also, if it doesn’t sell, fca wont care about heritage etc, dont make money, get rid of it.

They know how well the Unlimited sells. So why not give people the 2 door jeep but add and extra 8” or so in the back so you can actually use the damn trunk with the rear seats in it? And it would have a 104”(perfect) wheelbase, and the unlimited still offers the longer wheel base and full 4 doors.

I completely agree with the LJ idea. And I know I'm putting a lot of weight into the new Bronco, but if their 2 door does well and has a longer wheelbase (101-104") that could influence FCA's direction with the 2 door.

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I get that the OP's question is at least now academic. Then again FCA hasn't abandoned folding down windshields for fear that brand loyalists will be up in arms. And do recall, that fold had nothing to do with the off road experience it's most used for today: just originally fitting the rig into a crate for military deployment.

That said, one great aspect of the rig is its market share, which provides financial incentive for designers to come up with solutions, either licensed to FCA or sold aftermarket.

Witness the DV8 kit for JK. Someone would make something similar for the model of Wrangler into which such discontinuation of 2 doors would come hypothetically come to pass.

I would guess that elimination of other things in the Wrangler are sure to be higher on FCA's list, much as I appreciate how during the JK era that 4 door sales surpassed 2 door ones once the 4 door feature was offered.

https://www.extremeterrain.com/offroad-dv8-truckconversion-0717-jeep.html

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL

I personally don't like the look of the TJU or LJ as people call it. The TJ looks good (I had one and do miss it sometimes) but the TJU/LJ just looks "off" to me like it's missing something...o like a set of doors:giggle:

Sponsored

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
I would run around and buy the latest year 2 dr, or rebuild a TJ, or a YJ, or a CJ.

I agree with greyfox, the LJ always looked weird to me...abnormally long ass.

I will have both in a few years, love my 4dr, but I miss the smallness of the 2dr

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Just keep my JL 2dr for 20+yrs, I'd be around 80 then so it's all good lol

marjamr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
If that ever happens, I’ll just keep my current 2 door. Don’ Like the 4 door Wrangler. My wife has already told me that when I get too old to drive on the highway she will buy me a side by side atv to ride around the cul de sac.
I’m holding out for the new John Deere Gator with heater and ac or a Roxor.
Sponsored